Thread: Bad can be Good

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Smile Bad can be Good

Thursday I bowl in a League that switches pairs after 2 games. The second pair had me baffled. I could strike on the left and ONLY spare on the right.
    We finished on the left and as usual I struck in the 10th and then spared. I did not keep track of my score only trying for an adjustment.
    The good out of this is that I shot a Dutch 200 and won $25. I changed balls for the 4th game and did well for a 797 series.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
    Thursday I bowl in a League that switches pairs after 2 games. The second pair had me baffled. I could strike on the left and ONLY spare on the right.
    We finished on the left and as usual I struck in the 10th and then spared. I did not keep track of my score only trying for an adjustment.
    The good out of this is that I shot a Dutch 200 and won $25. I changed balls for the 4th game and did well for a 797 series.
    39-40, 45-46, or 49-50?

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    39-40, 45-46, or 49-50?
    39-40

The problem with all of these pairs is that there is no relation between the two lanes other than they happen to be next to each other. You sometimes have to use two different bowling balls and play two completely different lines. The last time I bowled on one of them (45-46?) while subbing in a Tues. league, I struggled for two games and finally found a shot for game three, using a very non-aggressive ball on the right lane, standing 23, looking 11, going out to 7, and a very aggressive ball on the left lane, standing 32, looking 15, going out to 10. While bowling on "pairs" like this is very frustrating, I think it does make you a better bowler (at least that's what I keep telling myself).

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    While bowling on "pairs" like this is very frustrating, I think it does make you a better bowler (at least that's what I keep telling myself).
    A good bowling can adjust to any condition. The bad ones just complain...alot.