Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Signature restricted ?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRM View Post
    Well, to be fair from what it sounds like it doesn't even tell you why it is the way it is. So for all new members knows it could be that you need 100 posts for a signature, or maybe you need to participate in a thread somewhere that's not disclosed.

Probably a better option would be for everyone to have access to the "edit signature" area of the profile, but for people under a certain post count to have it grayed out and told that you need to achieve a certain amount of activity before being allowed to add a signature. Just to keep it from being a guessing game on how to actually unlock it.
    Right, it would be nice to have some info on it, even when I found the signature info in the FAQ when you click on it all it says is "Sorry, You are not permitted to have a signature"
    Yes but when am I permitted and/ or why am I not permitted. It could have just as easily said Sorry you are not permitted to have a signature until ......

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The big deal is that it's a anti spam measure. There are alot of spammers that register just to spam the signature section. So requiring minimum number of posts helps stop it.

There didn't use to be a minimum number of posts, but the spammers abused it. That stopped a lot and slowed down others.
    OK I can understand that, is the minimum number of posts 10 as one person suggested ?

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    OK I can understand that, is the minimum number of posts 10 as one person suggested ?
    You're almost to 10. Post again and try it to see if that opens it up.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

The big deal is that it's a anti spam measure. There are alot of spammers that register just to spam the signature section. So requiring minimum number of posts helps stop it. It's not a uncommon thing either a lot of forums have limits.

There didn't use to be a minimum number of posts, but the spammers abused it. That stopped a lot and slowed down others.

It's like the limits on number and size of pictures in sigs, signature abuse can get bad, with people using huge photos 10-20-30 etc. lines if text for sigs.

You'd have a thread with only a few posts, but be pages long do to the massive signatures.

Yes there are some things that need fixing and updating in the faqs, but Idon't have the access to fix them. Some things got changed during some software updates and didn't get reset or went to default settings.
    I can certainly understand all of the measures needed to cut down on spam and abuse of all types that are detrimental to the general user population. To be fair my original question didn't have the "why is a big deal" question, that was added after the initial Willy Wonka response.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    You're almost to 10. Post again and try it to see if that opens it up.
    Just tried it, hit 10 and it does not appear that's the number.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

10 was what it was, but I'm not sure anymore. There was a software update a while back that changed a bunch of settings.

And some people get it after ten and some didn't, which leads me to believe theres some setting in the user groups that need fixing.

I don't have the access to check or fix and the admin for the site don't really get under the hood to service the site. They lost their webmaster a while back.

Best you can do is wait till it opens.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

10 was what it was, but I'm not sure anymore. There was a software update a while back that changed a bunch of settings.

And some people get it after ten and some didn't, which leads me to believe theres some setting in the user groups that need fixing.

I don't have the access to check or fix and the admin for the site don't really get under the hood to service the site. They lost their webmaster a while back.

Best you can do is wait till it opens.
    Ok, thanks for your assistance, I tried logging out and back in and it has not taken effect yet. Will just check once in a while and see what happens.

Chats: 256

Ok, thanks for your assistance, I tried logging out and back in and it has not taken effect yet. Will just check once in a while and see what happens.
    As you get used to the forum, you will find more stuff that could be improved, but at this point, just enjoy your time here and interact with members. You will find out quickly how to deal with some and how to ignore others.

Really good group of folks here.

Enjoy and most of all welcome.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

It might be post count + account age. I'm just barely above you in post count but I'm able to add a signature. My account is also just over a month old, so that could be it also.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRM View Post
    It might be post count + account age. I'm just barely above you in post count but I'm able to add a signature. My account is also just over a month old, so that could be it also.
    It just came on when I returned to the site, not sure of my number of posts, might just set the flag at 10 and it becomes active on a system update or something of the sort.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast