Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Signature restricted ?

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    As you get used to the forum, you will find more stuff that could be improved, but at this point, just enjoy your time here and interact with members. You will find out quickly how to deal with some and how to ignore others.

Really good group of folks here.

Enjoy and most of all welcome.
    Yes, I understand, I did network hardware design for many years and there was always something in hardware or software that could be improved. I'm just looking to improve my game and knowledge of the game and help some others along the way. I enjoy bowling and hope to continue along for many years to come.
    Thanks for the information and the welcome!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Okay I think I found it, looking through the old site news posts.

it was last set to 30 Posts

In order to reduce spam and signature abuse, the first 30 posts are like a try out session for you to see if you like the site. If so 29 posts go by fast. By just saying hello to a few people you will rack up 10 to 20 posts.

After that it is smooth sailing. You can use the chat system, have a signature, and more.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Okay I think I found it, looking through the old site news posts.

it was last set to 30 Posts
    I had made 13 posts (I think) and had recently checked and signatures were not available then came back later and logged in and the option was available to add a signature, I figured the 10 post requirement was correct and at 10 you set the flag then at whatever point the system is set to run a file consolidation it recognizes the flag setting and activates the feature.
    As you had indicated it's probably been changed over time via system updates, that could explain how it would get reset to a different setting / the default as system updates, restores or maintenance are done. Thanks for your assistance !

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Okay glad it's going for you, I thought it had got changed back to 10 posts since that 30 post limit was used in the Signature Permissions section.

A lot of settings got reset to default setting back when they did one of the software updates.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

This is why these forums are so great. Good info on many topics and only here will you get veruca salt references. SOLID

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123