Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: resurfacing

Question; what is the point of resurfacing a ball, and should I be concerned about it? The most I bowl right now is twice a week, but it's mostly just once a week on Sundays. When the school team starts up again, it's about 1-3 matches a week for 2 months. Is it really something I have to worry about right now, or should I worry about it a little down the road? I'm using an Ebonite Cyclone (http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...ldsilver-.html) and have been using it for about 8 months now. I clean my ball after every time I bowl (it's become a ritual of mine to clean it after every match/Sunday morning, which I suppose isn't a bad thing). Just answer what resurfacing does and if I have to worry about it right now?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by HowDoIHookAgain View Post
    Just answer what resurfacing does and if I have to worry about it right now?

Resurfacing/refinishing is another part of proper ball maintenance, along with proper cleaning.

Resurfacing/refinishing helps your ball maintain a consistent reaction and also by altering a balls surface when needed, you can better match the ball to the lane conditions to get optimal performance.

Should you worry about it now? I'd say Yes, But it just]depends on how much you you want to put in maintaining your ball. The rule of thumb is to touch up your surface about every 9 games, with resurface about every 60 games. But really it just depends on how much you bowl and the conditions you bowl on.

You say you've been using it for 8 months, it do!

I touch up my surfaces every week.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-10-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Short answer yes you should.

8 months x 4 weeks x 3 games = 96 games. Your ball is no where near the surface you started with

thanks for all the input. l will try to get Siaair pads

I have to agree with everyone else.

I wish I could find the study but there was one done that shows that depending on your starting surface the track surface can be significantly changed in as little as 3 games.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

here is the surface analysis video done by Jayhawk bowling supply https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMwsO2JCZxY
    you can see for yourself a change when you bowl it is very apparent.
    Last edited by hddon; 04-14-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12