Thread: after a 30 abesnce ....

Chats: 0

Default after a 30 abesnce ....

I am just getting back into bowling after 30 years away from the sport. I have found myself having to get use to way more advanced equipment that hooks without any help. It all started when my son urged me to join him and his wife bowling one Saturday even though I am disabled and in a wheel chair I went to "watch" and give him some pointers on using the arrows and boards to aim ( he was just aiming at the pins and having issues). I soon found that missed the feel of a bowling ball in my hand. one of the employees at the bowling center Seen me and stopped over to invite me to actually bowl the next time I came to the center. He explained that they have wheel chair ramps that would allow me to get to the approach. I went home thought about it and I researched Google and found a man in a wheel chair that recently bowled a 300 game and I thought well I don't need to roll a 300 game to have fun so I decided why not and promptly started looking into bowling balls. Since I bowled with a hammer when I was younger it was only natural that I went with a hammer and soon settled on a 16# First Blood. By the 3rd roll I was back in the zone leaving only the 10 pin. Although I had bowled with a 16# back in my youth at 57 and in a wheel chair I soon found that my shoulder ached after a few games so I went and talked to the pro shop owner and left ordering a 13# Radical Score which has worked out much better. The very first day with The Score I rolled a 153. I had told the pro shop owner that I was partial to Hammer bowling balls then he told me the Hammer was sold a few years back and that one of the men that owned hammer now was making radical balls that was enough to sell me on the score. My son loved the backend action of my Score so much that he ordered one himself. I now own a Hammer taboo spare ball, the Radical Score and I just ordered a Brunswick Rhino Gold (all 13#). It only been 3 months since I started bowling again. Now I have allowed my son to talk me into joining a league with him and his wife. I feel silly about it since I bowl from a chair but it is just for fun. besides at least on league night we will get well groomed lanes instead of the dry house we get on open bowling nights. I don't have an earth shaking average but I am having fun and getting better. The first time T threw a turkey I was elated ....Just having fun in central Florida

Chats: 256

Welcome back to bowling. Welcome to the site also.

Mo Pinel is widely known in the bowling world, and he did indeed work for Faball(Hammer) before they were bought by Ebonite. But, he was not an owner. Faball were the owners. Several of the folks from Faball are still in the bowling industry, and they are with Visionary Bowling now.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Welcome back to the sport, and welcome to the website!

Chats: 0

Cool I will need to check them out . the Pro shop gave me the info about Mo so guess it was off

Welcome back to the game! Nothing wrong with bowling from a chair- even if it wasn't just for fun! You can do what you can do- so enjoy it!!