Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Tony Bowling Scores

Another rough night, threw some good balls in warm ups, then couldn't do anything right the first game, left several splits and missed several easy spares, hit the pocket once or twice.
    Was using IQ tour 30, it wasn't the ball but 7th frame got out the Diva Divine and rolled the rest of the game with it.
    Realized I wasn't getting the ball out on the lane or following through...

Went back to IQ ball at the start of game 2 for the rest of the night, Game 2 was much better, game 3 was pretty good, missed a 10 pin and a 6-10 in the middle but overall a decent game

127 215 193 535

Game one, I think is low game of the year, took nearly the whole game to figure out what I was doing wrong and get it corrected. Sad

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Another rough night, threw some good balls in warm ups, then couldn't do anything right the first game, left several splits and missed several easy spares, hit the pocket once or twice.
    Was using IQ tour 30, it wasn't the ball but 7th frame got out the Diva Divine and rolled the rest of the game with it.
    Realized I wasn't getting the ball out on the lane or following through...

Went back to IQ ball at the start of game 2 for the rest of the night, Game 2 was much better, game 3 was pretty good, missed a 10 pin and a 6-10 in the middle but overall a decent game

127 215 193 535

Game one, I think is low game of the year, took nearly the whole game to figure out what I was doing wrong and get it corrected. Sad
    Sucks when you have one of those nights. I hate it when I find that I'm making a common error. The important thing is you figured it out and corrected it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Fri am league, we were coming off a losing week to play the number one team, 2 guys with 225+ averages and the Reverend with a 200 average and God on his side.

These guys are fun to bowl and love to joke around.

Started out OK with a 204 and 223 to beat the high average guy in the league. As he was finishing his 10th he bent over to look at my ball, saying he noticed a scratch (there is one) but I immediately accused him of putting a curse on my ball, and I think maybe he did.

The last 2 games I had a 170 and 171 for a 768 and he had a 246 and 256 for a 945
    His first 2 games were a 210 ish and 230 but I have 36 pins on him.

Not a great outing, again a little trouble adjusting to the changes in the lane and I was pretty solid on spares other than missing a couple of 10 pins and splits.

Scheduled it a couple of weeks ago and the timing is good, have a session with Coach Shockley, will be interesting to see how my form is holding up from the last time I saw him and I want to have him help me with adjustments, I think that I'll also ask him to look at my release.

Had a rough night wed and left some big splits, had another almost all spare game\178, 176, and 179.

Fri was much better, just made a nice relaxed swing and was bowling against a guy that always takes advantage of any
    error to pull away from me.
    started with a 225 , 192, 225 , 222 / 864 216 avg (642 3 game series)
    I'll take that any day !

Wed was a new experience in diversity of lanes, the left lane was pretty decent and similar to the normal lane condition.
    The right lane was a bear and was the most different from the left of any pair I ever bowled on in my life. Changing constantly , every frame and with very little miss room.
    It was like the machine malfunctioned or applied a sport pattern of some type.

Shot 169 179 202

Fri was also a little different, more oil than usual.
    Started off with a ball I rarely use, DV8 Diva divine and was good the first few frames but I stuck with it the whole game finishing with a 165.
    Switched to the ball I usually start with IQ tour 30 and was getting the ball off my hand better, used that ball the rest of the day, shot 225, 220, 222 and won all of my games.

I have tried for the last month to adapt my timing back to the standard timing they teach rather than the slightly late timing I learned years ago.
    I switched back to my normal / late timing after game one, I guess I have been using it for so long that it just results in a much smoother and more natural feeling release for me. we will see in coming weeks if I continue to shoot in the 200's ...

Have had some decent games along the line but haven't gotten around to posting much, had a good Friday and beat my guy all four game, he's a guy that sub's on several teams and has subbed for us about 6 times this year , shot a 205 / 225 / 195 and 180. the last game I was behind at the end and knocked down three strikes while he left a 10 pin and missed it, giving me the win by a few pins.

I have to prebowl the last couple of weeks in that league due to carpal tunnel surgery next week, so went today and shot 156 / 215/ 225 / 229 for a decent series.

Summer league at a different center.

Had a good wed night on the lanes 276, 258, 195 / 729

Best night of the summer league, set high scratch and high handicap scores ( 804 )

Using a Hy-Road

Average after 10 of 13 weeks 201

Nice series!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Sheesh, looks like we were bowling next to each other!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Haven't posted any scores for a while, not that they were particularity bad or good over that time. I have been averaging in the mid 190's for the last couple of seasons
    and am trying to take it to the next level and get it up over 200.

Started out the season ok with a 190 avg on Fri and much better with a 205 on Wed ,
    Last wed the lanes were tough on me and I had a one point 7 in row of 9 count spares ......ended the night shooting the worst series of the year and first under 600 with a 530

Step forward to Fri started out pretty good with a 199 and then got it dialed in and shot 18 in a row for a 300 and 246 giving me a 745 series
    That's a best for me for series and my first 300 game. All the games were with a Storm Marvel Pearl
    In the 246 game I had the first 6 then left and missed two single pin spares in 7 / 8 and then finished it out

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast