Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 pba50 tour starts today on xtraframe

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    And Brunswick jerseys are awesome! I want to get some...like the purple and orange one that Parker wears. I wonder if they sell those?
    Holy poo. I just searched and they actually DO sell those replica jerseys. Man...expensive though! Like $109. I saw a jersey in Vegas that I LOVED...but it was $75 so I passed on it. But geez...maybe if I come into some money...get me a WRW, Parker, and a Mika jersey!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Great step ladder finals w/ norm duke, parker bohn, bryan goebel, lennie boresch, and walter ray williams, Parker was the winner of this 1st tournament of the season. The next pba50 tournament starts with qualifying on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Great step ladder finals w/ norm duke, parker bohn, bryan goebel, lennie boresch, and walter ray williams, Parker was the winner of this 1st tournament of the season. The next pba50 tournament starts with qualifying on sunday.
    A great tournament. I love seeing the match play leading up to the stepladder. A couple shots made a huge difference in who moved on and who didn't make the cut.

Looks like it could be back to back for Parker Bohn. He is just killing it so far in the 2nd event.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Looks like it could be back to back for Parker Bohn. He is just killing it so far in the 2nd event.
    Really? I didn't see any of the big names during the first squad of qualifying. I saw Traber and LeClair...but I didn't see any of the HOFers. Maybe they were all in the other squad.

xtraframe is annoying me now. My work internet is too slow to allow me to watch it live...and when I try to play archived stuff at home...it freezes after about 30 minutes and then I start over and it freezes at the same point again.

Really? I didn't see any of the big names during the first squad of qualifying. I saw Traber and LeClair...but I didn't see any of the HOFers. Maybe they were all in the other squad.

xtraframe is annoying me now. My work internet is too slow to allow me to watch it live...and when I try to play archived stuff at home...it freezes after about 30 minutes and then I start over and it freezes at the same point again.
    I have the same problem with it freezing and saying buffering for a long period of time. I have luck just restarting and just skipping over that point on the recording. I thought it was my crappy internet but i guess it is a xtra frame issue.

Another great stepladder finals in the 2nd pba50 tournament. The players were: Petraglia, Mohr, Baker, Bohn, Scroggins. Another tournament starts monday and the rest of the year is loaded with great events including all the PWBA events. Can't wait for those to start!

I'm really looking forward to the WPBA as well as the rest of the PBA50. The regular PBA doesn't excite me quite as much.

Hard not to be amazed at the run Parker is on. They are going to start re-considering the PBA"50" and maybe make it the PBA "60" or something because a "youngster" like Parker is just destroying people out there!

Another solid performer in all the matches I've seen...Bob Learn Jr. I don't pretend to know who he is other than his short PBA bio...but THAT dude looks really good out there and did in the other tournament I watched him in as well. He's only thrown 2 games < 225 over 2 rounds AND started out round 2 with a 300-game.

Parker is killing everyone in Round 2, but that 180s game he started with in Round 1 is still haunting him and he'll likely not pass Bob Learn for the top spot in qualifying.

Wouldn't it make more sense to make the PBA national tour and PBA50 exclusive of each other where you bowl in one but not the other? I mean, all PBAers eventually struggle as they age...and they move on to the PBA50. I think once they hit 50 they should have that option...but once they switch, then their time on the national tour is over. They can always change their mind...come back...but not do both.

The reasoning is if you simply make it "50"...then guys near the top of their game can go run rough-shot over the 55-70 year olds while still competing for national tour titles. You don't see that much at the regional level do you? I haven't seen the big name stars showing up at some PBA regional tour stop in Pawannawee, WI playing against a field of 2/3 amateurs and no-names. So why is it allowed on the PBA50?? Just a thought.

I think when they came up with "50"....it was when most people that hit 50 were a bit past their prime and were about 15-20 years from death. Now people live till their 80 and with knee scopes and shoulder scopes and knee re-construction...can bowl into their 70s.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Parker is killing everyone in Round 2, but that 180s game he started with in Round 1 is still haunting him and he'll likely not pass Bob Learn for the top spot in qualifying.
    Weber did the same thing yesterday (180s Game 1 and then a hellstorm of fire from there on out) so it leads me to believe that once those lanes break down just a little bit...the lower rev guys started to get some carry.

Based on the numbers so far...my pick (who I THINK will be there vs who I may prefer...WRW):

1) Bohn III
    2) Voss
    3) Learn Jr.
    4) Weber
    5) LeClair

Jurek is right there as well. The real question mark will be how well Voss does after that stellar start yesterday. I gotta think at worst he'll be #3 after such a great start. I mean, those guys listed...are averaging around 250!!!

It's actually kinda dehumaizing as a struggling amateur bowler to see that Weber and Bohn bowled a 180s game (just one) and it might have cost them the top spot in the finals. On the other hand, it's nice watching the PBA50 or WPBA because you see bowlers missing 10-pins....chopping the 1-3-4 or the 6-10....stuff that WE do!! It makes it more "real".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast