Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: work became a.contact sport today...

Chats: 0

My job did ok for me. They let me cash in all of my vacation and use it to keep getting paid. I now can take what WorkersComp will pay me to buy the vacation time back so I can still go on vacation later this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    My job did ok for me. They let me cash in all of my vacation and use it to keep getting paid. I now can take what WorkersComp will pay me to buy the vacation time back so I can still go on vacation later this summer.
    I had a similar but probably less serious work injury and from that experience I can tell you the workers Comp lawyer ( they will just call them a representative) will be trying to
    buy you out and in turn agree not to take any legal action or obligate them to cover any future complications due to injury. Work comp would normally be paying your weekly
    check and not docking you vacation, but that comes with the provision of not suing the company for negligence. Your short term and long term disability is also a source that would pay you for time off, should you have these benefits. If the injury could have lasting effects it becomes that much more important to ensure you protect your rights and do whatever it takes to secure the long term benefits in terms of medical care and future payments for you and your family.
    To navigate all the potential implications and make sure you retain the ability to seek just and reasonable compensation it might require you to consult with a lawyer, in the event you would need additional surgery or are unable to return to work in your current field you might have to consider options that won't be mentioned by the workers comp or employer. Although I am not a fan of lawyers, I have had cause to use them several times in the past under similar conditions and it was very, very beneficial in protecting my interests. Good Luck and remember any dollar amounts the workers comp people tell you can be negotiable. Good Luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234