Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Leagues

Default Summer Leagues

So do most of you join summer leagues or do you skip and wait until the fall.

It seems like the bowling alleys are advertising the heck out of them. Must be harder to get people to play during the summer.

We are doing our first league this summer so just wondering.

Chats: 32

I bowl year round and on holidays if I can
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I am bowling league this summer for the second year in a row. only started in Sept 2011 though so still new to it and striving to improve. first summer i did not bowl league just concentrated on practice. just finished winter league last night with 175 average, very happy with that! I have found best improvement since bowling league year round
    Last edited by hddon; 04-14-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Before taking a break for the game, I bowled in a summer league one year--it was a lot more relaxed, and definitely had fewer people.

I'll be bowling again this summer, and the signup sheet looks pretty thin thus far.

I do a summer league, it's pretty casual though, and like jab said a lot less people in general. Was thinking about doing a sport league, but I'm going to try to find a coach this summer instead (maybe next yr).

Every year, I look forward to summer leagues for several reasons. First of all, it gives me an opportunity to bowl primarily to have fun rather than with the goal of winning. Winning is still nice, but how much fun we have is more important. The other thing is that a summer league is often a time to work on a particular part of my game. Last year it was a challenge shot league, and a couple of years ago I bowled an entire lealgue using a urethane ball to work on developing more power in my release.

I don't do a summer league, I enter in a "Kids Bowl Free" promotion. For $25, I can bowl 2 free games of bowling everyday all summer long. It's quite a good deal.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

My two normal leagues are finishing up in the next few weeks. This summer I am bowling a league at the house where this past years USBC masters tournament was held. I bowled there for a practice session this past weekend and did fairly well (190 avg). It took a little getting lined up going from Brunswick to AMF lanes. Also I normally bowl on wood, the AMF house is synthetic.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

I've played in a summer league in 6 of the last 8 years. I like our Ebonite No Tap Trios that is coming back this year. I'll have more details in the weeks ahead, but basically you pay something like $20/week for 14 weeks and get your choice of an Ebonite, Hammer, Track, or Columbia bowling ball at league end. The team that wins the league gets free drilling, grips and slugs.

Last summer our Trio won and I got the Ebonite Pivot Point. I used it sparingly; mostly in heavy oil conditions or once there was carry-down and my Roto Grip Disturbed wasn't causing enough pin carry to take out the stubborn 4 pin or 8 pin. Though I still leave the 10 pin the most (of all single pin leaves) I have learned how to shoot that shot because of Sunday morning 10 pin challenge.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

This summer league will be my my first time in an adult league so i am excited, won't be too many bowlers but I don't mind. Monacheli and learn jr are coming to our center in august to coach so quite a summer planned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast