Thread: Season Review & Goals

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Season Review & Goals: What Say You?

So, now that many leagues are already done or finishing within the next couple of weeks: How did your season go?

Did you set any goals, and did you accomplish them in 14/15?

Are you satisfied where your average ended up?

What surprises/disappointments came along the way? Did you have any personal bests?

For me, I accomplished my goals of getting back into it. My average wasn't where I wanted it to be, but I did start to rectify many of my issues. I'm still not spare shooting the way I need to, but my score distribution is much more even and I'm scoring better now on a more consistent basis than at any other point.

Plus, a big good surprise was discovering this board! I love the community here and hope to be a part of it for a long time to come.
    Last edited by jab5325; 04-16-2015 at 08:39 AM.

My average evened out at 195 which is 20 pins higher than the previous season. My high game went from a 243 to a 269(2) but I never did bowl a 700 series (678) I am happy with my rapid progression after buying my first reactive ball a little over 2 years ago.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    So, now that many leagues are already done or finishing within the next couple of weeks: How did your season go?
    Badly.

Did you set any goals, and did you accomplish them in 14/15?
    Yes. See "Spring/Summer Season Goals 2015" (and add your own if you like!).

Are you satisfied where your average ended up?
    First, I consider being satisfied with where you end up to be unacceptable. I am never satisfied with where I end up unless that someplace is the most elite level and acheivement the sport has to offer...at which point I'd be motivated to do it again. Second, no...my 165 average became a 162 average. My sport shot league my average stayed at 149. I made ZERO improvement in terms of average. And that is not satisfying.

What surprises/disappointments came along the way? Did you have any personal bests?
    Lots of disappointments. Yet another team that was sniffing 1st place only to completely fall apart at the end of the season. I lost a couple bowling buddies before the start of the sport shot league because of nonsense. We lost Iceman to some cult or perhaps prison. I got my *$$ handed to me in the Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge. To quote the coach in the much under-rated movie "The Hammer"; "it's a long way to drive just to get your *** kicked." I thought I'd clean up in the OC BVL this year after finishing top 5 last season...but no.

As to "good" things...my spare shooting got better...my release is getting smoother. I performed very well at the Citrus Belt BVL, my highest sanctioned score at that time of 593. Would have easily won Division B...but I got bumped into Division A on a technicality...and that left me in 2nd place. Could have still went to the State BVL tournament to represent Division A...but it was the same weeked as sweeps and I already made plans. And then at sweeps I rolled a 591 and made about $190...first time I won any money of any significance (outside of poker hands and brackets and an occasional sidepot).

I love the community here and hope to be a part of it for a long time to come.
    Give it time. You'll be annoyed with us (some of us...and they know who they are...and we're not counting me...) soon enough.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Bradski9 View Post
    My average evened out at 195 which is 20 pins higher than the previous season. My high game went from a 243 to a 269(2) but I never did bowl a 700 series (678) I am happy with my rapid progression after buying my first reactive ball a little over 2 years ago.
    Sounds like you're doing tremendously well. Keep it up!

I think goals were 190+ average in all leagues, 700 series, 300 game (maybe?). Accomplished the first 2, didn't quite get the third. Already have a few goals in mind for next year

Goals were to average 200 in a tough house, shoot 300, 700, 800. Averaged 196, threw two 300's, two 700's, but no 800's. Missed last two weeks of the season due to work-related spinal injury. Team finished 9th in first half of season, 15th in the second half ( 16 teams ). Was hoping to get into PBA Experience League/ sport shot league but injury may not allow it for the summer.
    Congrats to everyone who hit some/all of their personal goals.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    Goals were to average 200 in a tough house, shoot 300, 700, 800. Averaged 196, threw two 300's, two 700's, but no 800's. Missed last two weeks of the season due to work-related spinal injury. Team finished 9th in first half of season, 15th in the second half ( 16 teams ). Was hoping to get into PBA Experience League/ sport shot league but injury may not allow it for the summer.
    Congrats to everyone who hit some/all of their personal goals.
    Hope your injury recovery goes well. Hang in there!