Thread: New finger layout?

Default New finger layout?

I'm a two handed bowler (lefty) and I do not use my thumb hole. My local pro shop is redrilling my ball with 3 finger holes and no thumb. He said this will allow pin placement to be up, down, or side.....allowing my ball to react in 3 different ways.

What are your thoughts on this layout....does anyone have/use this layout?

Thanks.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by 5280 Hooker View Post
    I'm a two handed bowler (lefty) and I do not use my thumb hole. My local pro shop is redrilling my ball with 3 finger holes and no thumb. He said this will allow pin placement to be up, down, or side.....allowing my ball to react in 3 different ways.

What are your thoughts on this layout....does anyone have/use this layout?

Thanks.
    Is sounds like they are pushing the rules to the breaking point, and beyond.

Drilling Specifications:
    Holes

1. Holes or indentations for gripping purposes shall not exceed five and shall be limited to one for each finger and one for the thumb, all for the same hand. The player is not required to use all of the finger holes in any specific delivery, but they must be able to demonstrate, with the same hand, that each hole can be used simultaneously for gripping purposes. Any thumb hole that is not used with the thumb inserted during the approach would be classified as a balance hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Is sounds like they are pushing the rules to the breaking point, and beyond.

Drilling Specifications:
    Holes

1. Holes or indentations for gripping purposes shall not exceed five and shall be limited to one for each finger and one for the thumb, all for the same hand. The player is not required to use all of the finger holes in any specific delivery, but they must be able to demonstrate, with the same hand, that each hole can be used simultaneously for gripping purposes. Any thumb hole that is not used with the thumb inserted during the approach would be classified as a balance hole.
    I would have to disagree. if they call the third hole a balance hole there is nothing against that in the rules..... although if you do that you can't have a grip in the third hole.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    I would have to disagree. if they call the third hole a balance hole there is nothing against that in the rules..... although if you do that you can't have a grip in the third hole.
    Yes you can do it as long as there's no other "weight hole"

Even If you can't demonstrate a third hole can be used as a gripping hole, it's then considered a weight hole. So as long as there's no other "weight hole" and it meets static weights you can use it.

But You can't have grips in any of the holes, because any unused hole would then become a weight hole and you can't have a grip in a weight hole..

Also the ball would have to meet static weight requirements when held in each of the different positions that you use it in. (Using 2 fingers, there are 6 possible positions you can hold the ball in.)

If I can go back and find it, theres a picture of ball on facebook they did that on.

Here you go:
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-17-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

That's the layout.....bowl1820.

Same pic I saw at the pro shop.

Chats: 0

Or, you could stick your thumb in one hole and call it the "claw grip."