Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice?

Chats: 0

Default Ice?

Whatever happened to Iceman, who used to post prolifically? Am I missing something? There are only chirping crickets where once there used to be godlike posts every 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    Whatever happened to Iceman, who used to post prolifically? Am I missing something? There are only chirping crickets where once there used to be godlike posts every 10 seconds.
    He got his feelings hurt when I compared him and some others on here to the 7th graders that I used to teach.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Checking bowl.com he doesn't have a current sanction card.

So unless he's in a unsanctioned league , He may have stopped or had to stop bowling.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ok. Just wondering. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Checking bowl.com he doesn't have a current sanction card.

So unless he's in a unsanctioned league , He may have stopped or had to stop bowling.
    Norman "Mike" Pence
    Member ID: 8599-63324

Use this info and anyone can find him.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    He got his feelings hurt when I compared him and some others on here to the 7th graders that I used to teach.
    That wasn't the only reason. I think it was more that after the AVI in Vegas he thought everyone was now best buddies and everyone was going to ride cross country on our motorcycles to bowl in that wood lane house in that tournament. And that really didn't go anywhere. I think he was disappointed after making that long ride to Vegas that nobody was going to make the long ride to Missouri.

But that was rather unrealistic. The Vegas AVI only happened because Rob lives there, I was sweeping there that weekend, Mike lives near enough to make the trip, and Mudpuppy was planning a vacation there right around that time anyways. And with it being Iceman's birthday…and him being retired with a new touring motorcycle…it was awesome that he was able to make that trip. Without him; no event really.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Norman "Mike" Pence…
    Wait…..his real name is Norman and we're JUST finding out about it NOW?!

I for one miss Ice. I know most everyone else does too. But guys like that…their pride is either too great or self image too fragile (or both) and it's unlikely he'll return. If you have had the chance to meet Rob…you'd know that he feels bad about it simply because he's not the kind of guy that wants to be any part of that kind of drama. But if it wasn't Rob…it would be someone else. Ice threatened to quit or said he was going to quit more than once. He got ticked off at that Bill guy and kinda layed into him…then got in trouble with Bowl1820…and suddenly he was publishing his farewell address. If it wasn't Rob…it woulda been someone else. Guaranteed.

I can relate to Ice…maybe thats why I like him. I got "kicked off" a site before I started bowling that I had been a big part of for over 3 years. And lots of people have reached out to me and asked me to return under a different name. I've refused. It's a matter of pride and a matter of principle. I was wrongly thrown off that site…because a person didn't like me and that person just happened to be 'buddy/buddy' with one of the site administrators and given my tendency to rub a fair amount of people that wrong way (I like to think of it more that I'm just a kind of guy it takes a little getting used to before you can truly appreciate me)…I got booted.

It sucks that Ice is gone. He was more passionate about bowling than anyone I ever met. He's probably the only person that would truly appreciate my ball rack project. And, although an odd bird, he's a really nice guy if you ever meet him…as am I (at least I'm told that more often than not). I hate that I'm the only one posting 6-12 times a day. I used to have Ice here to sorta help me out and keep things interesting when there was a lull in the action. But in the age of the internet…you HAVE to have a thick skin. 30 years ago, a person would have to rub you the wrong way multiple times at multiple gatherings over multiple weeks and it may or may not lead to a confrontation. Nowadays…you can go from friend, to irritant, to foe, to enemy, to intolerable ba*ta*d in a matter of a handful of posts. And expecting people to mellow or "be nicer" or anything along those lines is just stupid wishful thinking. We all do our best not to cross lines, not to be unnecissarily vulgar, to attack the idea not the person, and to be 'decent' to one another…but we're all human. We all say things and then later think, "Ya know…I probably should have worded that different." But it's too late at that point. You've created a written historical documented slap across the face…and that then defines you.

The same thing that applies to sales and customers applies to friends on the internet. It takes hours of posting and interacting to gain internet friends….but it takes 1-2 posts to lose them. Take me and Bunny for example. I'm not going into details…but I bowled with her for 13 weeks in a league…I bowled with her and her husband for 7 weeks in another league…we bowled together in at least one of the virtual tour events…I mean, we always had a pretty good time. But it took ONE post….me removing said post (at her request)…and me giving the "reason" as "over-sensitivity"…and after that we were DONE. Thats all it took…ONE post. It was me stating a fact, about something that was said during league play…by both me AND another bowler on her/my team…a year earlier…JOKingly mind you…and that was that. I got asked to delete what I said…I deleted it with ZERO argument…because a "friend" was asking me to…no big deal. But…it turned out to be a big deal. And that sucks. But…thats how the internet and chat and instant messaging….thats how it works. You have to walk on eggshells…or just not participate very often…or else you run the risk of saying something that rubs someone the wrong way and the next thing you know there's a nuclear drama explosion that has started a drama forest fire that is impossible to put out.
    Last edited by Aslan; 04-24-2015 at 12:59 AM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Norman "Mike" Pence
    Member ID: 8599-63324

Use this info and anyone can find him.
    OKay sorry about the confusion , Though there are 3 Mike Pence's there

Norman "Mike" Pence 8599-63324 and Mike Pence 8599-65300

Both were in the same assoc. last year "Gr Kansas City MO USBC "
    and bowled in the same league NK 09 - Monday Mens Sunset

Norman "Iceman" is in the St Joseph MO USBC assoc. now.

Mike Pence no current membership

Mike Pence Jr. 9365-8828 (I'm guessing his son) who is listed at Plattsburg Bowl
    in the St Joseph MO USBC assoc.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I can relate to Ice…maybe thats why I like him. I got "kicked off" a site before I started bowling that I had been a big part of for over 3 years. And lots of people have reached out to me and asked me to return under a different name. I've refused. It's a matter of pride and a matter of principle. I was wrongly thrown off that site…because a person didn't like me and that person just happened to be 'buddy/buddy' with one of the site administrators and given my tendency to rub a fair amount of people that wrong way (I like to think of it more that I'm just a kind of guy it takes a little getting used to before you can truly appreciate me)…I got booted.

Now you left off the most important part of that.

About how it was a site of mostly women and you rubbed a lot of them the wrong way. And they wanted to throw you off, But they couldn't because you stayed just with in the rules.

Until you slipped up one day And that the woman that was 'buddy/buddy' with one of the site administrators. Got you threw off because you talked about hiring another user to Kill her and they took it serious, even though you said you were just "joking".

Chats: 32

I never really thought about Ice being upset about the AVI Challenge there were people on her talking about attending before he disappeared. I always thought that the disagreement with Rob was a manufactured reason and not real. If Ice were that thin skinned one of us would have pissed him off a long time ago. Maybe he just lost interest after obtaining his godhood. If he isn't currently registered I wonder if he is having some medical issues or something. It is a shame he's not around anymore if nothing else he was entertaining.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    That wasn't the only reason. I think it was more that after the AVI in Vegas he thought everyone was now best buddies and everyone was going to ride cross country on our motorcycles to bowl in that wood lane house in that tournament. And that really didn't go anywhere. I think he was disappointed after making that long ride to Vegas that nobody was going to make the long ride to Missouri.

But that was rather unrealistic. The Vegas AVI only happened because Rob lives there, I was sweeping there that weekend, Mike lives near enough to make the trip, and Mudpuppy was planning a vacation there right around that time anyways. And with it being Iceman's birthday…and him being retired with a new touring motorcycle…it was awesome that he was able to make that trip. Without him; no event really.

Wait…..his real name is Norman and we're JUST finding out about it NOW?!

It sucks that Ice is gone.
    His real name was known right after we all started posting our USBC numbers when it was determined one particular member was telling stories about their accomplishments.

I do miss ICE and his way of posting his thoughts and ramblings. The dude was certainly creative and loves to live life to the fullest.

I think the biggest impetus of ICEMAN leaving may have been the thread he posted about his son the Police officer. Some felt the story was more propagandaish and he took offense to it.

COME BACK ICEMAN!!! We want to hear about your bowling and how life has been treating you since you left.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast