Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post

I think the biggest impetus of ICEMAN leaving may have been the thread he posted about his son the Police officer. Some felt the story was more propagandaish and he took offense to it.
    That and the post that implied that a cops courage only comes from his gun.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Until you slipped up one day And that the woman that was 'buddy/buddy' with one of the site administrators. Got you threw off because you talked about hiring another user to Kill her and they took it serious, even though you said you were just "joking".
    Well...it wasn't THAT bad. I "inferred" that the hit was for this one user...I never came out and said it. Again...always stay just inside the posting/commuinity guidelines. The exchange was more like;

User X (male): says something related to contract killers
    Me: "how much would YOU charge?"
    User X: "Why? Do you have someone in mind?"
    Me: "I could think of a couple."
    User X: "On this very site I imagine!"
    Me: "Yup. But I need to know how much this would cost me."
    User X: "Based on your post about your battle with the bank over your house; you couldn't afford me. LOL!"
    Me: "Oh well."

It was then buried by people posting back on topic...but one of the ladies who was not a big fan of mine...quoted it. When I asked her why she quoted it but didn't say anything...her response was one word: "evidence". And that was that. She PMd her friend...her friend PMd the friend/administrator...and my account was closed before I even returned from my lunch break.

And here's how I know the "actual threat/error on the side of caution" arguement was flawed. If you REALLY felt that a user was actively trying to take out a hit on another issue and were ACTUALLY worried enough to eject a long-time community member over it...wouldn't you also report it to the authorites?? I mean, if it was serious and you want to error on the side of caution and all.

It was well known that the threat wasn't serious. Virtually nobody even noticed it or thought it was in the LEAST bit serious. It was a convenient excuse to finally put that nail in the coffin that that site administrator had been anxious to do for some time. And I don't really go on that site....but still occasionally keep in touch with people on it...and they'll mention to me that I came up AGAIN in the forums. Many of the users weren't happy about it. But the administrator had the moderators explain briefly that it was a violation of group posting terms of service to threaten other users and therefore I was gone. Without that last nail...to just kick me off because they didn't like me....was certainly possible...but would have rubbed too many of my supporters and casual fans the wrong way. Kinda like in the "Ban Aslan Poll". Not many people liked me back then...but when it came down to actually having control over my fate...most site members united around the principle that while they don't agree with my opinions...or manners...and I'm annoying....they respect the right of a person to have those opinions so long as they aren't hurting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    That and the post that implied that a cops courage only comes from his gun.
    Oh yeah...I forgot about that one.
    Last edited by Aslan; 04-24-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Chats: 0

Well, it's too bad; I think we all liked him here. Maybe, like another iceman, he'll be back again someday.

Maybe a promise of a free ball?

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    Maybe, like another iceman, he'll be back again someday.
    Well played.

But for our non-Christian community members...they may not get the reference.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Maybe a promise of a free ball?
    Only if it's a 4th Hammer Deadly Aim.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Well played.

But for our non-Christian community members...they may not get the reference.
    I was thinking Frosty the Snowman:

Frosty the snowman
    Had to hurry on his way,
    But he waved goodbye saying,
    "Don't you cry,
    I'll be back again some day.

Maybe too esoteric...

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    I was thinking Frosty the Snowman:

Frosty the snowman
    Had to hurry on his way,
    But he waved goodbye saying,
    "Don't you cry,
    I'll be back again some day.

Maybe too esoteric...
    Maybe Aslan was inferring the "God" status ICE had when he left.

I thought Frosty as well. Kind of a leap Aslan took going to that side of things.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

No…I was thinking Frosty…a Christmas song. I didn't leap completely to Jesus/Easter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12