Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this how most centers handle leagues

Default Is this how most centers handle leagues

First league starting in a week. Have not heard any communications from them so when I finally went in and asked if we were all set up they looked in their system and said yes we are signed up and to just show up on that day.

Asked them if they would have called me prior to league start they kind off shrugged it off and said sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I thought this was curious. Wouldn't it make sense to remind people about their league especially considering many signed up months ago. BTW this is an AMF center

This is not a serious league. Basically one where we get a DV8 ball at end of league so not bad

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

sounds about right

league meeting 30 minutes prior to bowling the first night is common around here

you may run across a league or two that have very active officers that may call or email, but I would think those are a rare commodity

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    sounds about right

league meeting 30 minutes prior to bowling the first night is common around here

you may run across a league or two that have very active officers that may call or email, but I would think those are a rare commodity
    Nailed it this is where bowling is failing nobody's mooving into the 21st century and staying in contact like they should in this day and age
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Yeah I'm betting there will be many no shows first league night. This is a summer league so probably less dedicated bowlers and probably more newcomers. Talked to one of the managers there and they said the majority in this league sign up only to get the ball at the end of league, main reason we chose this over others

There is another league same night, same time, same price but it's a Practice League. Basically same thing but you pay to practice and don't even get a ball. I question why anyone would choose this Practice League over the one we signed up for

Ringer
    Chats: 0

I wouldn't expect a bowling center/league to contact me prior to the first night. It would be nice, but I don't expect it.

Well just got an email so I guess that's how they communicate. Works for me.

In many cases, it is totally dependent on the League Secretary. I've bowled in leagues where I've gotten numerous letters, phone calls, and emails, and others where I've never heard a word. League Secretaries are paid per week, per bowler in the league, so it's really in their best interest to get all of the bowlers they can. Leagues that are run by the center, may not be as aggressive in trying to get league bowlers, particularly if they can rent open-play lanes at higher rates while leagues are in session.

And is it common to pay week to week. That's how this one is setup. Come in and pay week to week. Would be $28/week for both me and wife.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    And is it common to pay week to week. That's how this one is setup. Come in and pay week to week. Would be $28/week for both me and wife.
    Yes, I only pay week to week. Some of my team mates will pay 1/2 of the season at a time. Don't have the moolah I want to part with so readily available.

The league will typically specify that you need the last few weeks paid by a certain time so they can essentially close out accounts and get prize monies etc. handled ahead of time.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 32

That is normal. I know a few guys who pay for the entire season up front but it's rare. Make sure you mark your envelops correctly if that's what they use at your center.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast