Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is this how most centers handle leagues

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    That is exactly what I was showing, which is counter to Bowl1820's claim of "Now if a league uses its own bank, you can't do it."
    Oh and im sorry that in that old post where i said "Now if a league uses its own bank, you can't do it." I should have added "unless the league sets up to use a card service to accept cc payments"

Something which a league is highly unlikely to do.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Oh and im sorry that in that old post where i said "Now if a league uses its own bank, you can't do it." I should have added "unless the league sets up to use a card service to accept cc payments"

Something which a league is highly unlikely to do.
    I agree it's HIGHLY unlikely, but it's not the only way for a league that uses it's own bank to have bowlers pay with CC's.

Instead of having bowlers make an "ATM" cash withdrawal at the front desk, then give that cash to the league, like most non-house banked leagues would require, operate the credit card/receipt process exactly how they do were you bowl.

Then "If the league has more CC receipts than lineage costs, the difference would be given to the league secretary in cash to be deposited in the league bank account."

Ta Da... the league accepts credit cards

actually the house accepted that card not the league, but that is true where you bowl at too.

I should have stated that the way ours works is the "in-house" system. That being said, I believe most people still pay by cash for their league and USBC fees.

There is one "secretary" for all the leagues. She is not even present when we are bowling, except for the sweeper.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

first off our center collects all bowling fees and gives the league treasurer a receipt it also gives them the pay envelopes. That way the treasurer can keep track of who paid what and not have to worry about getting robbed in the parking lot after bowling. The center puts the money for all the leagues into separate accounts for each league (25) leagues. They also keep the 50\50 money in that account. CC are not accepted except for purchases.

As for notification of bowling every bowler in every league gets a post card notifying them of the date of their league meeting and starting date. Usually the meeting is 2 weeks prior to league start. Rules and cost per bowlers are put into the bylaws. When you are running back to back leagues you don't have time to meet prior to starting. You would put the late league back too late.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

It will vary depending on the center. In reality the leagues are renting the lanes from the center. Each league will have it's own rules within USBC guidelines. It is not the center's responsibility to noticfy bowlers when the league starts, that belongs to the league officers. However, if an officer lets us know that they can't get ahold of somebody, forgot, doesn't have time or whatever then we will do so for them. As for the meetings, some do them the week before starting while others just have the meeting at the end of the season. Again, theses leagues belong to the bowlers and not the center so it all goes by what they vote for and availability.

This past summer I bowled a sanctioned league at another house. I know the owner and he is eccentric to say the least. I also knew going in he sets the lanes up to suit him. He average 247 last season and has 121 perfect games. This guy is such a control freak his employees don't even know how to turn on the oiler, log in to the register, etc.. The leagues at his center, the center is the secretary, treasurer and gets paid for it like any other secretary/treasurer. Any tournament that i've bowled with him present he procedes to tell the director how it should be done and how everyone besides him is incompetent.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

An organizational meeting must be held at the beginning of the season. It can not be held at the end of the season. At the end of the season you elect officers for the next season and set a meeting date for the next season.

Our center which has about 25 adult leagues is the sec./treasurer for about half. They are elected by the bowlers and do an excellent job. The also have a centeRepresentativeve at all meetings to answer any questions and make sure the veterans of the league don't put in any thing that is not legal. They don't speak unless totally necessary. The local assn. has rep. at most meetings also. If all centers were this attentive to the league bowlers bowling would not be in the shape it is today.
    Corp. who own many centers are not helping bowling they are helping the bottom line.
    Last edited by fordman1; 09-14-2015 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling and wording

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345