Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kegel link for a good release technique..........

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    If his leg wasn't in the way you would see how weak that ball hit.
    I noticed the weak hits, but I think it's kind of stupid to use a plastic ball to demonstrate how to use a strike ball.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by John Anderson View Post
    I noticed the weak hits, but I think it's kind of stupid to use a plastic ball to demonstrate how to use a strike ball.
    Don't confuse the Zone with the T-Zone.

Chats: 204

What are we arguing about??

Who is the best looking dude on the site? Well, I would have voted Iceman because he looks like Santa but has muscles like that old guy that sells the juice machines on QVC...but since Iceman abandoned us to become a professional roller derby girl (rumor #5)...I'm leaning towards Mudpuppy...but he disappeared too...maybe the roller derby thing, not sure. So, I'm gonna have to vote for myself. A drunk, probably blind, girl once told me with my old haircut I look like George Clooney.

I don't though.

Oh wait..."release discussion"...I don't have one of those...I can't even get the footwork and timing down so imagining a day when I have a great release is like imagining a day when I'm an angel and can fly around the heavens playing a golden harp while riding a unicorn.

As to who is better between MikeW and RobM...as a person that has competed against BOTH OF THEM on numerous occasions...

- Well, statistically speaking...Rob is better simply because in head-to-head competition (Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge...available for free on Youtube...click on my USBC# in my signature) he finished 1st and Mike finished 3rd.
    - However...Mike is a higher average bowler by probably 10-20 pins on average.
    - Mike has a higher "ceiling" in terms of scoring...but his game is often much more affected (good or bad) by lane conditions and approach conditions. Mike still has a good knee bend, but his arm is limited due to past injury. But he's able to produce a massive (~ 420rpm) rev rate with good speed.
    - Rob has a lower "ceiling"...but is more consistent, especially house-to-house. Less knee bend, less revs, less speed...but a very adaptable style that allows him to at least be competitive no matter where the competition is held.

But truly comparing the 2....we can't do it. It would create a paradox that could collapse the world upon itself and upset the space/time continuum. How so you ask?

Rob is one of my coaches.... so Rob > Aslan. Aslan is currently 3-2 in heads up competition against MWhite..so Aslan > MWhite. BUT...MWhite has a higher average than Rob so MWhite > Rob. MWhite also has a much higher average than me...and did so on a team we both bowled on...so = conditions...so MWhite > Aslan. You see? Once you get into this viscious circle....you'll never get out.

So the question is...in a head-to-head match...where would you put your money (an awesome poll question by the way...but I don't think either would appreciate it)??

For me...having a LOT more experience bowling with BOTH these guys than anyone else on the site....if not anywhere...because of MWhite needing certain conditions to be as great as he "can" be....my bet is dependent on location. Mikes home center...I'd put $$$ on Mike. Vegas...I'd put money on RobM. But to truly make money on that bet...I'd need to inspect the lanes, see how they are playing and inspect the approaches. As we learned at the 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Aslan vs. ZDawg Southern California Invitational...which Aslan won...also good video of that event on Youtube...click my USBC number...if the approach is the least bit 'tacky'...Rob wins. But if Mike can slide...and the lanes fit his style...Mike probably wins and could win by a significant amount.

I feel like Mike Jacubowski or Randy Pederson....I got MAD commentary skills!!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    What are we arguing about??

Who is the best looking dude on the site? Well, I would have voted Iceman because he looks like Santa but has muscles like that old guy that sells the juice machines on QVC...but since Iceman abandoned us to become a professional roller derby girl (rumor #5)...I'm leaning towards Mudpuppy...but he disappeared too...maybe the roller derby thing, not sure. So, I'm gonna have to vote for myself. A drunk, probably blind, girl once told me with my old haircut I look like George Clooney.

I don't though.

Oh wait..."release discussion"...I don't have one of those...I can't even get the footwork and timing down so imagining a day when I have a great release is like imagining a day when I'm an angel and can fly around the heavens playing a golden harp while riding a unicorn.

As to who is better between MikeW and RobM...as a person that has competed against BOTH OF THEM on numerous occasions...

- Well, statistically speaking...Rob is better simply because in head-to-head competition (Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge...available for free on Youtube...click on my USBC# in my signature) he finished 1st and Mike finished 3rd.
    - However...Mike is a higher average bowler by probably 10-20 pins on average.
    - Mike has a higher "ceiling" in terms of scoring...but his game is often much more affected (good or bad) by lane conditions and approach conditions. Mike still has a good knee bend, but his arm is limited due to past injury. But he's able to produce a massive (~ 420rpm) rev rate with good speed.
    - Rob has a lower "ceiling"...but is more consistent, especially house-to-house. Less knee bend, less revs, less speed...but a very adaptable style that allows him to at least be competitive no matter where the competition is held.

But truly comparing the 2....we can't do it. It would create a paradox that could collapse the world upon itself and upset the space/time continuum. How so you ask?

Rob is one of my coaches.... so Rob > Aslan. Aslan is currently 3-2 in heads up competition against MWhite..so Aslan > MWhite. BUT...MWhite has a higher average than Rob so MWhite > Rob. MWhite also has a much higher average than me...and did so on a team we both bowled on...so = conditions...so MWhite > Aslan. You see? Once you get into this viscious circle....you'll never get out.

So the question is...in a head-to-head match...where would you put your money (an awesome poll question by the way...but I don't think either would appreciate it)??

For me...having a LOT more experience bowling with BOTH these guys than anyone else on the site....if not anywhere...because of MWhite needing certain conditions to be as great as he "can" be....my bet is dependent on location. Mikes home center...I'd put $$$ on Mike. Vegas...I'd put money on RobM. But to truly make money on that bet...I'd need to inspect the lanes, see how they are playing and inspect the approaches. As we learned at the 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Aslan vs. ZDawg Southern California Invitational...which Aslan won...also good video of that event on Youtube...click my USBC number...if the approach is the least bit 'tacky'...Rob wins. But if Mike can slide...and the lanes fit his style...Mike probably wins and could win by a significant amount.

I feel like Mike Jacubowski or Randy Pederson....I got MAD commentary skills!!!
    I thought Iceman was the best? Doesn't that fix the whole time/space continuum thing?

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    I thought Iceman was the best? Doesn't that fix the whole time/space continuum thing?
    Iceman is only effective in the State of Missouri.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Yet while being ineffective, he crushed you in Vegas.

Yes, you beat him in the doubles competition, but you needed help

Chats: 0

Or is he only affective in the State of Missouri?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123