Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kegel link for a good release technique..........

Chats: 0

Default Kegel link for a good release technique..........

I had this link up before but thought that maybe some folks didn't see it the first time. It shows how to go from a cupped or cocked position to a uncupped or uncocked position. I use a cupped position in my swing and I used to think that it stayed that way through the release. When I went from a cupped position in the backswing and downswing and uncupped in the release I found that I got better revs and it saved a lot of strain on my wrist. When I started using this technique I got rid of my wrist support. What helped also is for me not to muscle the ball into the downswing. When you muscle the downswing your hand is trying to go forward faster then the ball can keep up with it. Because of this the weight of the ball will break your wrist back too early before the release instead of staying under the equator until you get to the release area.

If you increase the speed of the downswing gradually to the release area it is not hard to stay cupped or cocked to the release area and then just let the weight of the ball uncup or uncock your hand through the release area. Like the instructor in the video says you just set up for the swing cupped or cocked and just let the weight of the ball release those hand positions. You let it happen and not make it happen. It happens so fast that you cannot think about it you just let it happen.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fo29U0iXd8
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-01-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Those are the modern release. I throw the old school release of coming around the side of the ball. Think handshake movement. I think PDW has this release.

Would love to learn this modern release but happy with old school

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Those are the modern release. I throw the old school release of coming around the side of the ball. Think handshake movement. I think PDW has this release.

Would love to learn this modern release but happy with old school
    You can always give it a try sometime during your bowling life. You might like it.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

I have tried it free hand without a ball and it is awkward to me. I've been bowling many years thumbless and so used to coming around/under the ball

Bowler

First time I've seen this video. Thanks for posting it!

The modern release is just so different from the way I was taught to throw a bowling ball-the old shake hands with the head pin method. I've tried the new way and it just feels like I'm dropping it. I get good revs but absolutely no control on it. I'm still working on it when I practice but the old way seems to suit me better.

Anybody else notice that a Brunswick Target Zone is being used for part of the video? Those lanes have to be pretty dry for that to give a nice smooth hook.

The problem with sticking with the old style, hand around the side of the ball release, is that it is impossible to project the ball from left to right (for a right hander) when you use it. This is the reason that so many of the posters here complain about having to use very non-aggressive equipment: they don't have a release that will let them move into the oil.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The problem with sticking with the old style, hand around the side of the ball release, is that it is impossible to project the ball from left to right (for a right hander) when you use it. This is the reason that so many of the posters here complain about having to use very non-aggressive equipment: they don't have a release that will let them move into the oil.
    Impossible? Um, no, I do it every time.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by John Anderson View Post
    Anybody else notice that a Brunswick Target Zone is being used for part of the video? Those lanes have to be pretty dry for that to give a nice smooth hook.
    If his leg wasn't in the way you would see how weak that ball hit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast