Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 USBC Convention in RENO,NV

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Default 2009 USBC Convention in RENO,NV

Just wanted to see if anybody will be going this year ?

Heres the info: 2009 USBC Convention will be in Reno, Nevada April 29 - May 2, 2009

USBC Convention activities will take place at the Reno Events Center and the Silver Legacy in downtown Reno
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Question

Don't you think it's kind of stupid and financially irresponsible that they do not run the convention in the same place as the tournament is run? As a dues paying member I believe that is correct to question this.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jaws1945 View Post
    Don't you think it's kind of stupid and financially irresponsible that they do not run the convention in the same place as the tournament is run? As a dues paying member I believe that is correct to question this.
    Women's Nationals is in Reno this year, so one of the tournaments is in the same location as the Convention.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    Women's Nationals is in Reno this year, so one of the tournaments is in the same location as the Convention.
    Yes Thong is right the woman are their this year and the men are in reno next year and this conventions is in the reno the next 2 years so yes it is in the same place as the National tourny
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member

I stand corrected. I must have been referencing pre-merger when that usually wasn't the case.

Super Moderator

Thats ok ...were here to help
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member

Yeehaw, I got a spot on Team Event May 9th at 7:00 PM. One of the other guys can't make it, so I swooped it. I'll just pick up a doubles partner out there from the sub list. I would hate to go down there and just bowl 3 games, but I need to get the first time jitters out of me somehow, and there are 2 others going first timers, so no pressure to win team events. Bad thing about dbl/sgl. May 19th at Midnight. Ouch, what a draw. Oh what will I do Sunday day before I bowl in Vegas? hmmmmmmmmmm

Oh and BTW It's in Vegas (At the convention center) correct? I see people saying Reno, and even the website is confusing, but I'll just head to Vegas on the 8th and find my way around. Reno isn't that much a cab fair from Vegas. haha (There goes my gambling money)
    Last edited by Iceman; 02-05-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Yeehaw, I got a spot on Team Event May 9th at 7:00 PM. One of the other guys can't make it, so I swooped it. I'll just pick up a doubles partner out there from the sub list. I would hate to go down there and just bowl 3 games, but I need to get the first time jitters out of me somehow, and there are 2 others going first timers, so no pressure to win team events. Bad thing about dbl/sgl. May 19th at Midnight. Ouch, what a draw. Oh what will I do Sunday day before I bowl in Vegas? hmmmmmmmmmm

Oh and BTW It's in Vegas (At the convention center) correct? I see people saying Reno, and even the website is confusing, but I'll just head to Vegas on the 8th and find my way around. Reno isn't that much a cab fair from Vegas. haha (There goes my gambling money)
    The USBC Open Nationals is in Las Vegas this year and then Reno the next 2 years.

The USBC National Convention and USBC Women's Nationals are in Reno this year.

Then just to really add to the confusion the USBC Youth Nationals and Junior Gold are in Indianapolis this year and I think next year also.

I am sure this is now all clear as mud If you head to Vegas, you're in the right place unless you want to put on a skirt and ... never mind
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

Columbia - Blue Dot
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Quote Originally Posted by ThongPrincess View Post
    I am sure this is now all clear as mud If you head to Vegas, you're in the right place unless you want to put on a skirt and ... never mind
    As long as I keep my mouth shut until then, the Skirt will not be an option. My coach and I already went though the bet of the year (and I ended up wearing a skirt with a pink bengals jersey that said Owned on the back of it one of our league nights.

We do have fun. I put him in the Pink Jersey also a few weeks later, but the skirt was not in the bet that time. Go figure.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    As long as I keep my mouth shut until then, the Skirt will not be an option. My coach and I already went though the bet of the year (and I ended up wearing a skirt with a pink bengals jersey that said Owned on the back of it one of our league nights.

We do have fun. I put him in the Pink Jersey also a few weeks later, but the skirt was not in the bet that time. Go figure.
    LOL you definitely have to come to The Gathering. We had one guy, Big Willy Style, come into the center in a leprechaun outfit then showed up to one of the dinners in an inflatable fat B____ costume. The look on Ron's face was priceless.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

Columbia - Blue Dot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast