Thread: Unsanctioned "fun" league: Bowling with opposite hand on certain spares

Default Unsanctioned "fun" league: Bowling with opposite hand on certain spares

Ok, this is an unsanctioned "fun" league at AMF center. No prize money involved. Every one gets a ball at end of league.

But there are still rules.

When I guttered and ball hit the 7 pin I corrected the score and gave myself an open frame.

Someone else regularly shoots right handed but shoots left handed when shooting corner pin spares.

I don't know the specific rules for this league but in general my thought is you can't be switching back and forth.

Thoughts?

In a sanctioned league you can't between shots. If it's unsanctioned, whatever are in the bylaws are the rules, really. If they don't prohibit it, chances are they won't enforce with any backing.

Since it's a fun league where no one wins or loses, I'd just let it fly unless they were hocking it halfway down the lane 20 ft in the air or something.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Like MC said If it's unsanctioned, it depends on whatever the league bylaws are.

I don't know the specific rules for this league
    I've seen that comment come up a lot in posts. If you bowl in a league or a tournament sanctioned or not, you need to read the rules for it. It saves time and prevents a lot of problems (or lets you start some ) in the long run.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I'm not making a big issue out of it. And yes I didn't read their bylaws so I can't complain.

Just curious. No prize and it is just for fun.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Its been my experience that have-a-ball leagues, draw a more laid back crowd. Usually more swing lube then usual and goofing off at times.

If you take the league too serious, you probably won't have a good time.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Even in "fun" events you kind of got to watch out.

Example I was moonlight bowling and winning some money and a woman on my pair seen me wiping my ball off with some alcohol. She ran off and got management said I was putting something on my ball (cheating) and They came to question what was putting on my ball.

Once i told them they told her it wasn't against the rules. She was "Well!"

So it dont take much to set someone off, even just asking a question in league. so just have your ducks in a row.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Even in "fun" events you kind of got to watch out.

Example I was moonlight bowling and winning some money and a woman on my pair seen me wiping my ball off with some alcohol. She ran off and got management said I was putting something on my ball (cheating) and They came to question what was putting on my ball.

Once i told them they told her it wasn't against the rules. She was "Well!"

So it dont take much to set someone off, even just asking a question in league. so just have your ducks in a row.
    It isn't just your average Joe that can complain.

A guy on my Tuesday team uses TACUP spray on his towel to clean his ball every few frames.

A person (who happens to run a competing pro shop) on an opposing team complained and I had to explain to him the image on the bottle that says "USBC - for use anytime" meant he could use the spray anytime.

Chats: 4

That is like some of the bowlers on our Thursday night league
    complaining about one of the bowlers who is left handed and
    does not use his thumb switching and throwing two handed
    during the game. I told them there was no rule in the bylaws
    that stated he could not switch and throw it two handed he just
    could not switch hands.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill