Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: The Graffiti Tag is the latest artistic piece of art that Motiv has to offer, wrapped in the new Agility™ MXR shell and Halogen core the Tag will allow you to play in the burn and bounce off a dry spot deep at the backend of the lane.

Out of box surface: 5500 Grit LSS

Layout: 60/4/30

Ball Reaction

Using the same layout that was in my Apex Ascent I got a totally different ball reaction, the Tag was both longer and sharper than the Apex. I have run into situations when the Apex did not bounce off the ditch down lane when I was playing straighter angles, the Tag fulfills that need. I use the Tag when it is time to retreat right or there is enough friction that I can circle the lane with it.

Comparisons
Apex Ascent: The Tag and the Apex Ascent are both angular pieces, the Tag is the stronger between the two as it possesses a bigger backend reaction and has more overall hook. The Tag is also the sharper of the two; however you will roughly get the same amount of length out of the two. Depending on what type of friction I see determines which one I use, if I want to control the breakpoint I’m going with the Apex Ascent. If I want to bounce the ball of the friction into the break point, I’m using the Tag.

Venom Panic: The Panic is not as lengthy as the Tag nor is it as angular, overall you would see more hook out of the Panic than you would out of the Tag. In terms of backend reaction the Tag is the stronger of the two, through my own eyes the Tag just has a stronger continuation through the pins. I believe it’s due to the Tag being so sharp.

Tribal Fire: The Tribal Fire is earlier up front doing the majority of its damage in the midlane, The Tag does not possess as much hook as the Tribal Fire but it does provider a bigger reaction in the backend. In terms of length and angularity the Tag is the longer and more angular of the two.

Summary: Motiv constantly continues to further carve its name into the industry of bowling with the building of phenomenal weaponry, what I like about the Tag is the various angles the bowler can play with it and the Halogen weight block. As I mentioned before this is a ball that has no issues of down lane recovery when I’m playing direct, those that bowl in later tournament blocks or start out with early burn in league play will see how well this ball get down lane practically ignoring the friction. Out of box the tag is best suited for high friction areas; however I did test this ball on both medium and heavy patterns. On high volumes of oil I played rather direct and lowered my ball speed to allow the ball time to roll over, minimal success as a 5500 cover is not meant for heavy volumes in my opinion. On medium patterns I had a greater success rate, as the Tag thrives off friction once it was located the ball did as I desired. I feel that the Tag is a ball that will fit all styles of play, my advice to you is to pick one up. Indulge your inner Graffiti Artist.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C.White II
Motiv Staff