Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any of you ambidextrous

Chats: 30

I started out bowling right handed (grew up right handed), but had to switch to bowling left handed because of irritation of a herniated disc that only bothered me when I had weight on the right side of my body.

Since switch to left hand, I now have the coordination to do a lot of things (except write) equally well with both hands.
    Donna
    Current arsenal: Uproar / Rumble / T-Zone

I envy you all. I'm lucky that I can type using my left hand . I tried to bowl lefty once. Out of the 4 balls I threw, all of them went straight to the gutter.

I probably can't bowl left handed, but I can't say I've tried either. I can do plenty of things left handed though as long as it's not a really fine motor skill such as writing or tying a shoe with one hand.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

I shoot pool left handed and bowl right handed!

I'll throw my 2 cents, I was born in Soviet Union and my teacher told me to write with my right hand, so I do that. In lifting weights http://youtu.be/BCS7glkhxzY here is a 100 lb dumbbell swing by my left arm, I've done 5 lbs less with my right, and basically 5 percent differential in favor of my left arm. All throwing movements left handed, but I play table tennis right handed. I kick much better with right, and can jump higher of my right, so I'm right leg dominant.

I am not ambidextrous. I do think I was meant to be a left-hander, because my mother told me how when I was learning to write, I naturally tried to use my left hand but she taught me to use my right. I most thing that are learned with my right hand (writing, any kind of sports). However, I do many things that come naturally with my left, such as opening doors, steering car/bike with one hand. I pick things up with left more often I think, and stock with shelves at work with left. I cannot, however, do most things with either hand so am not ambidextrous. Any particular task I can perform comfortably with one or the other, not both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12