Description: The Rebel Tank uses the same Halogen Core found in the Tribal line and the recent Tag, while the coverstock is the same DMX Pearl Urethane as found on the Artic Sniper.

Reaction: The Rebel Tank allows me to play the proper part of the lane on very short and very low volume patterns. It is not too early as sometimes urethane can be and has good continuation, but keep in mind, it is urethane. I am not one that will pull out urethane in league or even on burnt patterns, for me this ball will see more use as I mentioned when the patterns are going to be shorter or have less volume. Urethane to me is for when they are difficult (with lots of frictions somewhere on the lane) and you are trying to make them a little easier by keeping the ball path much straighter. The Rebel Tanks box cover comes at 4000 Grit LSP, so you can always go to a lower grit to get this urethane ball to read even sooner or it also polishes very well for a urethane cover.

Comparisons: The Rebel Tank is cleaner in the front part of the lane compared to the Original Tank, which also provides about 3 boards more overall hook. Comparing it to the Arctic Sniper since they both have the same cover (although polished), combined with a weaker core it provides about 3 boards less overall hook. So the Rebel Tank truly fits in between the Original Tank and the Artic Sniper, but I do see a little bit of the MOTIV continuation through the pins even for a urethane ball.

Summary: Those looking for that urethane look from MOTIV here it is. I’ve found the Rebel Tank to be better in my hands than the original as it is a little cleaner and has some (very little) shape down lane. I think it will be a more reliable option then those who I have heard use the Artic Sniper in some instances.

Mike Magolan
MOTIV, Turbo, and Boom Apparel Staff Member