Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How accurate are you aiming at the arrows?

Quote Originally Posted by Average200someday View Post
    Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Since the arrows are around 15' away, and the pins 60', it seems that every missed inch can be multiplied by at least 4!
    Pretty close! If you think about the lane and break it into four quarters, you have the arrows at about 15 feet, the mids at around 30 feet, the breakpoint close to 45 feet away and the headpin at 60 feet from the foul line. If you target board 10 (2nd arrow) and miss it by one board while throwing a straight ball, the ball will be off by three boards at 60 feet. On the other hand if you walk at an angle (one board to the left or right) and hit your target (2nd arrow), the ball will be off by four boards at 60 feet. So hit your target more often and slide on the right board while you're at it...

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Or just play with bumpers
    Honestly I find playing with bumpers to be harder since I can't go as far outside and it makes hitting the 10 pin kind of hard to do. Well, not that difficult, just harder than it should be to hit one pin.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Rob is so correct. Not saying I am elite bowler by any stretch, but anymore, I don't target at the arrows. My eyes are focused further down lane or at a reflection from pins etc. I think I am pretty accurate when I need to be and can be within a board of where I want to hit with my eyes.
    So many ways to target: the arrows, the dots, a line between the dots and arrows, and I just tried something different but similar: a line between the arrow and pins. The result during the last group class: 4 strikes in a row followed by a spare. 1st time a 4 bagger! And 1st time a turkey too! Looking down this target line seemed to help with better follow through and accuracy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123