Thread: New and want advice

Default New and want advice

Hey everyone, new to the world of bowling! I need some advice for my game. I use Storm Frantic Bowling Ball 16lb, given from a friend. I use a Columbia white dot for my spare ball.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 05-22-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Chats: 32

Has the ball been fitted to you? If not your first thing to do is meet with a quality pro shop owner to have the ball properly fitted.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Welcome!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by wizardofpeace View Post
    Hey everyone, new to the world of bowling! I need some advice for my game. I use Storm Frantic Bowling Ball 16lb, given from a friend. I use a Columbia white dot for my spare ball.
    Amyers advice is good.

But what specifically about your game do you need advice on? Just saying you have a ball and want advice doesn't give us much to work with.

If your just looking for general tips, just look through the other posts and also check out the video section.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Yes it has, just got it to fit me.

Chats: 32

Good deal well welcome to the boards.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

If you already have the ball fitted my advice would be to not worry about hooking the ball until you are comfortable rolling the ball. When I was starting over a year ago I was trying to hook the ball and watching videos etc.. The idea of coming around the side of the ball as you release it can lead to over-rotating and bad habits. Just concentrate on rolling your frantic (staying behind the ball.. letting your thumb come out first and rolling the balls off your fingers). You may accidentally happen upon some hook in doing so depending on your natural finger positions... but its a lot easier to add a little axis rotation after you've mastered rolling the ball.

My other piece of advice is not to measure your improvement by score. Measure it by how often you are hitting your targets, spares, keeping your balance at the line, etc. Enjoy the journey!