Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asymmetric Balls vs Symmetric Balls

Chats: 0

My personal experience between asymmetric and symmetric is that a symmetric core ball plays well when thrown " down and in " or just a slight angle to the right before turning left. But if I need to thrown the ball right 10 boards before it reacts, then turns left, I use my asymmetric equipment.
    My asymmetric equipment tends to go too long when going with the grain as opposed to a crossing shot. I can get any ball tothe pocket . The game is all about carry.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    My personal experience between asymmetric and symmetric is that a symmetric core ball plays well when thrown " down and in " or just a slight angle to the right before turning left. But if I need to thrown the ball right 10 boards before it reacts, then turns left, I use my asymmetric equipment.
    My asymmetric equipment tends to go too long when going with the grain as opposed to a crossing shot. I can get any ball tothe pocket . The game is all about carry.
    That is pretty much the experience I had last night. I played something like 15 games on the same pair. Naturally I got to try different lines as the shot dried up. I was using a Polished Optimus, Polished Thug Unruly(experimenting), and 2000 Grit finish on a Hyroad (again experimenting). Early when I was playing straighter outside of the 10 board with maybe a 2 board swing the Optimus was fantastic. Unruly was OK, but when I play that straight I like to keep my Axis Rotation down and really come up the back and the Reaction with the Unruly wasn't very forgiving. By the end I had put the Optimus away and had moved deeper. I was standing 23 and throwing to 13 with the Unruly and Shot a 233. The hyroad forced me to play 22 to 9 to get back to the pocket with carry and I had zero miss room. (Plus I suck at playing steeper angles) I ended up with a 147. I was playing both balls at the same time as two separate strings. It just shows how the right ball and right line really makes all the difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12