Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Baker joins 900 Global

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Mark Baker joins 900 Global

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 256

Wow, 900 Global continuing to make big moves. Congrats to Mark.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Solid move…but at some point 900Global is going to have to start making some noticeable products.

I don't believe Mark was sponsored before this, but his weekly clinic was sponsored by Ebonite, so looks like Ebonite International lost another big name at least in that regard (after Chris Barnes).

Doesn't Storm manufacture or own 900 Global now. Or at the very least back them financially.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Doesn't Storm manufacture or own 900 Global now. Or at the very least back them financially.
    Yes storm own at least a portion of them. Really from what I've seen the product is there but they are going to need to score some wins on tour to really get people to start paying attention.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Yes storm own at least a portion of them. Really from what I've seen the product is there but they are going to need to score some wins on tour to really get people to start paying attention.
    I study bowling more than I should and seem to get 10 e-mails every time a new ball gets released...and I couldn't name 900Global's or AMFs new balls. And both Ebonite and Track are glaring examples of brands that have a high level of quality, with players using them winning titles, yet most bowlers couldn't tell you what the latest Ebonite or Track ball is.

Storm wins every year because they've convinced people their products are cool, innovative, high performance, and they must be the best since every guy that makes a TV finals immediately gets awarded a limited Storm sponsorship...thus the law of averages is eventually a Storm player is going to win the title. Thats marketing. Even though, their product probably loses it's OOTB performance quicker than other brands AND probably will crack sooner...their far superior marketing ability keeps them well ahead of the competition. And nobody can really rise up and stop them. Brunswick is in financial ruin. Columbia is part if the inept Ebonite group. Hammer has lost it's popularity as it's 1980s bowlers are leaving the game. Motiv made a nice attempt to steal the spotlight and has a nice, energetic group of followers and some great products....but it's still going to be virtually impossible to unseat Storm. I'm not even sure if Motiv has global distribution yet.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Solid move…but at some point 900Global is going to have to start making some noticeable products.

I don't believe Mark was sponsored before this, but his weekly clinic was sponsored by Ebonite, so looks like Ebonite International lost another big name at least in that regard (after Chris Barnes).
    He was with Ebonite, as they also were involved in the CampBakes...now the October CampBakes will offer 900 Global balls.

Agree with the products...I was looking at the 900 Global line up of balls and it seems there were less than a dozen current balls listed on bowlingball.com
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Track loses because their bowling balls are so hard to remember: LX05? Give me a Hyper Cell instead

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Track loses because their bowling balls are so hard to remember: LX05? Give me a Hyper Cell instead
    The LX is intended for the lower rev bowler who needs more surface friction, as opposed to a high rev bowler needing a more polished HX surface.

The 05 refers to the intermediate differential, meaning how asymmetrical it is (05 being not much)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    The LX is intended for the lower rev bowler who needs more surface friction, as opposed to a high rev bowler needing a more polished HX surface.

The 05 refers to the intermediate differential, meaning how asymmetrical it is (05 being not much)
    All that is really cool for me…and extremely boring for everyone else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast