Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mark Baker joins 900 Global

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Yeah my previous PSO had only EBI stuff: Ebonite, Track, Columbia 300, and Hammer. When I inquired about Storm or other products that he would be able to get and drill he always said the Track or Hammer balls were just as good, no need for Storm or "other brand" balls.
    I had a pro shop guy and former PBA pro that ran an EBI shop watch me throw a Storm ball back when I was throwing my Frantic and actually said, "well, we need to get you a new ball because that ball is c*ap." I mean, I think Pete Weber won a title throwing a Frantic. When was the last time a Track ball won a title? Had to have been the last title Mika won.

But yeah…they make a lot more money off ball sales if they convince you to get an EBI ball.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I had a pro shop guy and former PBA pro that ran an EBI shop watch me throw a Storm ball back when I was throwing my Frantic and actually said, "well, we need to get you a new ball because that ball is c*ap." I mean, I think Pete Weber won a title throwing a Frantic. When was the last time a Track ball won a title? Had to have been the last title Mika won.

But yeah…they make a lot more money off ball sales if they convince you to get an EBI ball.
    I guess that's one advantage to our little hole in the wall shops here everything is ordered through a distributor and not factory direct so they mostly don't have skin in the game. Not saying they don't have their favorites but at least it's what they like and not necessarily what put a few extra $ in their pockets.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123