Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much does your PSO charge for drilling when you bring in your own ball?

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    And for anyone considering the VISE system or Turbo system...my advice is to just get the one insert at first. Then see over time if it's generally loose or tight. Then get another one made to address that. A lot of people make the mistake of having one insert drilled...then they have them drill a larger and smaller one. That's what I did...seemed to make sense. Except...as I bowled...I noticed I never used the larger one...and actually needed another even smaller one. Then after getting a 4th insert...needed a smaller one...now I have 5 inserts and I never use the two biggest ones.
    I think I pay about $50 for drilling, $10 for finger inserts, and the IT thumb is $10. My inserts cost $15 or $20...can't remember. I too had three done, but I needed a larger one. Last year when I was going to Vegas I was afraid of the heat and bowling every day/multiple days that it might not be large enough to handle the heat/swelling so I got a larger one. I never needed it in Vegas, but then I feel down the stairs and hurt my thumb, it was quite large, so the bigger thumb came in handy. Sure was glad I had the larger one, so now I carry 5 and usually only use two during the fall, and two during the summer - three all together, but for the cost, doesn't bother me that I have more.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Ringer
    Chats: 0

My PSO charges $40 out the door for drilling a blank ball that I bring in to him. That includes grips and slug. I also give him a tip on top of it.

My whole family goes there and we also order balls from him directly. My next ball I plan to order from him directly instead of taking one in to him.

Cranker

I pay $50 for drilling + $15 for finger lifts and IT thumb slug

Cranker

So basically - you're not being overcharged. You're not getting a great deal either, but it's not unfair

Just had a new ball drilled by the local PSO, $40. He watched me throw a few. I was impressed how he checked the entry angle of my thumb as he finished the holes.

I had two balls drilled w/grips and drilled for an IT slug, plus my older ball drilled out for the IT. I think I ended up paying $105.
    DV8 Red/Orange Misfit, Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Pyramid Blood Moon

It's $60 where I go if you want a slug and grips. $50 if you don't get a slug. $40 for no grips at all. Pretty fair pricing considering it's pretty good service.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I find it interesting how close in price shops are throughout the country given the diffrence in cost of living. Gas here today is $2.50/gallon. Pack of Marlboro's $5.85 Gallon of 2% milk $2.84...much cheaper than prices in California, New York, Alaska, Hawaii, DC

Go with service over price. Some may be cheaper but you may end up getting what you pay for.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I find it interesting how close in price shops are throughout the country given the diffrence in cost of living. Gas here today is $2.50/gallon. Pack of Marlboro's $5.85 Gallon of 2% milk $2.84...much cheaper than prices in California, New York, Alaska, Hawaii, DC

Go with service over price. Some may be cheaper but you may end up getting what you pay for.
    Just to compare in N. Illinois yesterday paid 3.06 for gas and 2.99 for milk, thankfully quit smoking many years ago when a pack was 2.50

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Tony, I know that for what I paid for my house in West Central Ohio, I couldn't buy a closet for in California. When I moed from Boston to Ohio my car insurance dropped 5k/year. Went from a 1,500sf house to 3,500sf and spent 80k less than what I sold the other for. Of course the pay is also lower so it's good with the bad.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast