Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much does your PSO charge for drilling when you bring in your own ball?

Default How much does your PSO charge for drilling when you bring in your own ball?

Just got my Roto Grip Unhinged (thanks BowlingBoards.com and BowlingBall.com)

My PSO is out of business so have to look elsewhere.

How much does your PSO charge for drilling if you bring in your own ball. This includes fingertip inserts and thumb slug.

I'm getting around:
    $50-55 for drilling
    $10 fingertip inserts
    $10 thumb slug

So around $70-75 drilled. To me that sounds a bit expensive.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

The balls I won got drilled w/finger and thumb inserts for $40 here. which is towards the lower end.

$75 wouldn't be unheard of, I think $50-$60 is pretty common.

But cost is going to depend on where you live, so shop around and pick the best driller and weight that against cost. better pay a little more and have it drilled right.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Agreed. I did call one up yesterday and first thing he said was to come on in and let him see me bowl first so he can get an idea of what I want the ball to do and measure the PAP, etc. That is a good start I guess.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

I think my daughter is conspiring with my PSO
    If I take him 2 balls (1 for me, 1 for my DD) its $80.00 out the door for drilling and finger grips
    If I just take in a ball for me its $45.00 out the door.

He charges $10.00 additional for thumb slugs
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Ringer
    Chats: 0

For everyone's record:

I was charged $30 for drilling and fingertips.

Chats: 32

About $40 for drilling and $5-10 for slugs is the normal here but prices are lower here than other places.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Depends on the shop, I had one drilled up at $45 with grips included... but it wasn't a very good drill at all (was trying out a different shop with that one). My normal shop - which ended up redrilling that first ball anyway - is closer to $60 but they do a really good job.

So sounds like rural is cheaper than urban areas.

I hadn't had a ball drilled in a while and went to the pro-shop where I bowl and he charged me 85.00 with inserts and slug, however the thumb was tight and ball didn't feel right. went back 3 times and he didn't solve the problem.
    I then went to a stand alone pro-shop and as I pulled the ball out of my bag and set it on the counter he said, that span is off, are you having trouble with your release....
    He remeasured my hand and showed me that his measurements were quite a bit different than the current drilling. He plugged and drilled the thumb and polished the ball, when I came back to pic up the ball I also had a new ball and with the measurements he drilled that one with grips and inserts. The total was 65.00 dollars for everything.
    The balls both fit much better and the price was reasonable, I'll certainly be bringing my business to him from now on, and I have referred 4 or 5 people to him.

Chats: 204

I agree with Bowl1820's numbers. About $50-$65 generally. I'd say most of the time I've paid $55 for drilling and finger inserts. I don't get a thumb slug, but in the ball where I had it drilled for the IT inserts...that drilling probably added another $10-$12 for the piece that goes in the thumb hole where the insert snaps in. The IT inserts are $25 each though...that's where the cost comes in.

And for anyone considering the VISE system or Turbo system...my advice is to just get the one insert at first. Then see over time if it's generally loose or tight. Then get another one made to address that. A lot of people make the mistake of having one insert drilled...then they have them drill a larger and smaller one. That's what I did...seemed to make sense. Except...as I bowled...I noticed I never used the larger one...and actually needed another even smaller one. Then after getting a 4th insert...needed a smaller one...now I have 5 inserts and I never use the two biggest ones.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast