Thread: Couple new balls for me

Chats: 256

Default Couple new balls for me

Picked up a Storm Ride for an incredible deal($0). This will be for my lighter volume, drier conditions. Worked pretty well in El Paso at the 40 Frame Game on the burn.

High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Also got a new Roto-Grip spare ball. This thing goes arrow straight. No movement at all with this one.

Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I'm jealous. Those are pretty nice looking balls. Meanwhile, here I am using an Ebonite Cyclone for everything (strikes and all).

Nice ! Are you using 15lb ?
    I was just at the pro shop and was thinking it might be time to get a ball for spares and quit trying to use whatever ball I happen to be using.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I was just at the pro shop and was thinking it might be time to get a ball for spares and quit trying to use whatever ball I happen to be using.
    Good decision do it now!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Nice balls, vdubtx.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yes, 15lb. I preach to everyone about the use of a spare ball. Some people can straighten their hand enough to make corner pins, others say they can but then their ball hooks away from the corner and they miss. I have seen too many scores, especially while at Nationals last week, ruined by not using a spare ball.

One of the best investment pieces you can have in your bag, in my opinion. I typically wouldn't spend $140 on a spare ball, but the circumstances I was in, I was fine with it as I was going to spend that on the other ball anyway. This was just a bonus.

Quick 1 shot video of the new Storm Ride ball. With this ball, I move 5-8 boards right with my feet and can hit same spot on lanes as my other balls when they begin to react too much. Nice smooth rolling ball.