Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: The Rebel Tank is a urethane ball built for war on dry conditions where high friction can destroy ball reaction, underneath the DMX pearl coverstock is the proven Halogen core. The Rebel Tank retains energy for continuation through the pins which is achieved through both a high RG and moderate differential.

Out of box surface: 4000 Grit LSS

Layout: 40/14/19

Ball Reaction: The Rebel Tank allows me to play on very short and low oil patterns; I can play straighter and tighten my angles without the ball jerking down lane. Its smoother and longer than its older sibling Tank, I attribute that to the cover/core combination of the Rebel. In terms of friction encounter the Rebel is smooth from start to finish, a lot of control and continuation.

Comparisons

Apex Ascent: The Apex Ascent possesses more backend and hook than the Rebel; however the Rebel is longer than the Apex. I use my Apex on medium light-light oil patterns; once I see the Apex start to check harder than usual I’m retreating to my Rebel. I can control drier patterns with minimal effort with the Rebel than I can with the Apex.

Tank: The Tank Rebel possesses more length, hook, and backend than the original Tank. In comparing both of them on short patterns I was able to bounce the Rebel off of the dry essentially wheeling the entire lane, unlike what I was able to do with the original. I used the original Tank to play into the dry allowing the ball to roll up, because the original tank grabbed much sooner than the Rebel. Truthfully with both of them in my bag I now have two options when encountering excessive friction, I can either use my Rebel and bounce it off of the dry or I can use the Tank and feed it into the dry early going high flush.

Summary: I pull out my Rebel when there is too much of a good thing, that good thing being friction. I can play wherever I want to using the Rebel as long there is enough friction for it, it will do as advertised. Once it reaches the end of the pattern it calmly rolls over into the pocket and delivers crushing continuation; I am thrilled by the continuation this ball because it’s pearl urethane.

The Rebel is great piece of weaponry to have in your bag for those early burn games or those late game grinders on a high friction, definitely a worthwhile weapon to have in your bag. So ask yourself this. Why place a bowling ball in your bag when you can put a Tank in it? Rebel against friction, I encourage it.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C.White II
Motiv Staff
Why Bowl Staff