Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thumb swelling issues

Yep, bowled last night keeping focus on not turning the hand too early and ball came out smoothly. Will have to widen up the hole on my other ball but the Unhinged was good.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

have you though about just cutting your thumb off? haha jk

I'm going to agree with those that think your thumb issues are pitch and fit related
    I've been bowing 12 to 20 games a week since February
    my thumb has thickened up some, but I don't have any calluses
    my PSO set my thumb pitch so I get out of the ball fast
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    have you though about just cutting your thumb off? haha jk

I'm going to agree with those that think your thumb issues are pitch and fit related
    I've been bowing 12 to 20 games a week since February
    my thumb has thickened up some, but I don't have any calluses
    my PSO set my thumb pitch so I get out of the ball fast
    Could be pitch related but I am thinking it is early turning of the ball. Worked on it last night and no major issues.

Chats: 0

I bowled a ton last year and never had a callous or blister. I did have days where my thumb was bigger than normal. Some days it was way small and I taped up the thumb hole to compensate. Well-fitting ball makes all the difference.

I've heard a few people say that there's a trick to helping de-swell your thumb. Put a napkin over your thumb and slide it in and out of the hole a few times... supposedly this helps it. Why? I have no idea, and I have never tried myself (I'm lucky, don't get thumb swell) but people swear by it.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    I've heard a few people say that there's a trick to helping de-swell your thumb. Put a napkin over your thumb and slide it in and out of the hole a few times... supposedly this helps it. Why? I have no idea, and I have never tried myself (I'm lucky, don't get thumb swell) but people swear by it.
    Yes I've heard this and tried a few times. It lasts only a little bit though

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I think forcing the thumb with the napkin wrapped around it compresses the soft tissue of the thumb temporarily.
    John

It works but it's not a permanent solution to a swollen thumb. It does work though. I was skeptical but now I always keep a couple Kleenex in my bowling bag just in case.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12