Thread: been while, had a good winter season, summer not starting out too well

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Default been while, had a good winter season, summer not starting out too well

I stopped keeping track of my scores, pretty much, I would look at one bad score, get set in the back of my mind then put up another bad score and so on. my winter team ended up 4th overall for the season (missed taking 3rd by one point), and first for the second half. did not matter on the first for the second half no prize for that. still got point money. ended the season with a 152 avg, first clean game and a dozen or so 200+ games.

bowling two leagues these summer. a four person mixed, that I got talked into. and the 3 person that I started in but brought my own team these year. the four person two days in, 160 avg. the 3 person, well left off where I ended last summer, 142 avg, first night I had the roto grip hysteria, get pretty chew up by the return. spent two week with my driller getting fixed. (note, the only shop in 50mi, so he stays busy and runs his own house on top of running 3 proshops in 3 cities). lucky or unlucky in my case I just bought an motiv tag off another bowler. I have not had time to practice due to the fact a group of friends and my self have been taking care of some land for my best friends brother in law's brother. in exchange for our hard work we are allowed to camp and hunt on the land as much as we want. in the last week, I have practiced a lot with the tag due to the fact that my best ball the hysteria, was 30mins away. well tonight, I got the hysteria back, and bowled in the house I hate the bowl in, it has 12 lanes very small, real wood approach, synthetic lanes with the last 4ft being real wood (don't really trust the source of that part). these house holds my lowest scores and the most amount of splits I ever had. well tonight had a good night.

game 1: 150 (hysteria)
    game 2: 167 (tag)
    game 3 127 (hysteria, maybe just a bad game, but had a group of people right next to me playing around, running up on the lanes next to me trying to mess each other up, so maybe rushed shots to get over to the other lane to bowl that next frame.)
    game 4: 200 (hysteria) ( was working on hitting my marks, picked up a lot of spares that game only left two open frames, one hard to get spare and one that was an bad lining up on my part. 4 banger to end the game and night)

they where some lively pins, in 3 frames I left 3 pieces of dead wood. one of which came completely out of the gutter. I have not bowled at these one house for over a year. what an return to it.

normally after bowling there I ended bowling better. felt like I went into a small slump. maybe these is what I need to break that slump.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Slumps happen I get a few of them every year my last one has been one of my longest went on almost two months. I have finally started to see the light at the end of the tunnel too. Been back over 600 my last three series other than my sports league. With slumps it's always hard to tell what to do. Sometimes it's about analyzing what's changed sometimes it's about backing off and just relaxing with me anyways good luck to you on the lanes.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

I am thinking part of it is, I started last year bowling leagues in the summer. a lot of people made fun of how I bowled, my approach. feels like I have something to prove. so I am pushing myself too hard. making bad shots, then it snow balls. went into some bad habits and slipped away from a release that gave me a two month run of bowling over my avg by 30+ pins a week during the winter.

tonight I bowled a
    realized I was not doing something I do when I practice and what I was doing during winter league.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Slumps happen I get a few of them every year my last one has been one of my longest went on almost two months. I have finally started to see the light at the end of the tunnel too. Been back over 600 my last three series other than my sports league. With slumps it's always hard to tell what to do. Sometimes it's about analyzing what's changed sometimes it's about backing off and just relaxing with me anyways good luck to you on the lanes.
    dial up a Mark Grace Slump-Buster haha
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous