Thread: Bowling Ball Dynamics (RG) - Chris Barnes Bowling How to Tips

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Bowling Ball Dynamics (RG) - Chris Barnes Bowling How to Tips

Columbia 300's Chris Barnes is back with intermediate level tips so you can have more fun on the lanes, while performing at your best! In this edition, Chris takes some of the mystery out of the term RG, giving you an explanation of what it is and what it means to you as a bowler. Let's Bowl!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Columbia 300's Chris Barnes is back with intermediate level tips so you can have more fun on the lanes, while performing at your best! In this edition, Chris takes some of the mystery out of the term RG, giving you an explanation of what it is and what it means to you as a bowler. Let's Bowl!

The video is from 2014, so Chris is neither part of Columbia 300, nor "back"

He gets a little confused when he says (0:14 to 0:30) the RG is the difference between the high rg axis, vs the low rg axis.

RG isn't comparing one axis to another, it indicates the force required to increase the rotation rate of the ball along a specific axis.

I think Mike and I agree for a change. This video is scary! I wonder about two things: who wrote it, and why Chris Barnes didn't question it.