Thread: Not really caring during summer league

Chats: 10

Default Not really caring during summer league

Hey all,

Well joined a PBA Experience league at the local house. I enjoy the challenge of not shooting on the ths, but to tell you the truth, I really don't care about this league. I'm trying to do well, but if I don't, no biggy. At times I often look at my watch, staring at the screen seeing if it's time to go. Not like fall league at all where I'm very much into it and don't want to go when it's time. Maybe it's just summer. Maybe it's my team who it's not my fall team. Who knows. Anyone else have different feelings about summer leagues?
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

I've done a couple summer leagues in the past, and I think it's partly to do with the fact that it isn't that hard to win a couple weeks in a row and take home the title of summer champions. Your average also doesn't necessarily reflect your actual abilities if you have two or three really good weeks or two or three not so good weeks (unless you are bowling multiple times per week).

Honestly though, if you aren't enjoying it, stick it out to the end and still try your best. Gain the experience from bowling on harder patterns and make it a goal to shoot 20% better (or more) on THS over your sport average.

Yeah, summer leagues tend to be less... fun? serious? I'm not sure really, but I know what you mean. They're missing something that the fall leagues have - it's a good time to work on things like John says

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

these year I am feeling about the same way. last year I started in the summer was excited, first time doing league. did winter. now, it is just missing something.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Would love to try a PBA Experience. Really don't bowl much in the summer. I only make it to the lanes a few times until Fall league starts. Wish I had more time.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Most of my summer leagues have been more on the fun side. I really use it as a time to work on my game and if my averages aren't as high it's no big deal. The exception to this was my Win, Lose, or Draw league the last 2 summers which attracted some of the better bowlers in the valley. That league was serious and had a pretty big payout $1500 for a 18 week league. Unfortunately the center where it was closed and I wasn't able to find anything like that this summer. I'm bowling in a adult/youth league with my girls and a church league with my wife and girls this summer. Had intended to bowl a sport pattern league but it died due to lack of participation after 2 weeks.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone