Thread: last weeks Wednesday night league is still bothering

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Default last weeks Wednesday night league is still bothering

ok I have a very high handiecap team, one brand new bowler, my best friend who has bad eye sight but does very well, me and one other. not a strong team not really avg bowlers. we lost every game last week, no big deal that will happen. but the team captain of the other team (who is the secretary of the league) was complaining that they should of won by more. they where down one person, so they blinded him because his sub did not show up. I don't know if she know I could hear her or not. I have pretty good hearing and am able to tune in on things pretty well. 20+ years of retail has trained me that way.

I know most if not all summer leagues are to be fun money leagues but complaining about not winning by more pins when it is a point system. same person either the secretary or pres. of a winter league from what I am hearing is on the point of folding.

already told one of my partners I will not do these wendnesday league next year because of that.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Did she say "oh we should have won by more"? When people say that it usually means they aren't that happy with how they bowled themselves, hence, they "should have won by more." I have never heard a team, especially in a summer/fun league, say it in respect to another team's ability.

SandBagger

pretty much, what she said. and complained that the 200 avg sub. didn't show.
    she had two games at 200 and one at 180, one team mate was at 180 avg the other beat there avg by 20 pins. the blind was 147. so I don't think they bowled that bad.

but that was not the first thing that was said by her about the second game taking too long to catch our handicap. third game I bowled the best game I have in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by coreyds012778; 06-17-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by coreyds012778 View Post
    I know most if not all summer leagues are to be fun money leagues but complaining about not winning by more pins when it is a point system. same person either the secretary or pres. of a winter league from what I am hearing is on the point of folding.

already told one of my partners I will not do these wendnesday league next year because of that.
    So your not going to bowl a league, because someone on another team was complaining to their teammates about how they should have done better (Even though they won)?

If you use that criteria to decide to not be on a league, Be prepared to not join a lot of leagues.

I've seen that happen on about every league I've been on. Shoot I've said it myself, when we've just squeaked by on a win and I felt I should have done better.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by coreyds012778 View Post
    ok I have a very high handiecap team, one brand new bowler, my best friend who has bad eye sight but does very well, me and one other. not a strong team not really avg bowlers. we lost every game last week, no big deal that will happen. but the team captain of the other team (who is the secretary of the league) was complaining that they should of won by more. they where down one person, so they blinded him because his sub did not show up. I don't know if she know I could hear her or not. I have pretty good hearing and am able to tune in on things pretty well. 20+ years of retail has trained me that way.

Time to develop a thicker skin my friend. I wasn't there but this is pretty standard for most places that I bowl. I've probably said similar things myself. This is more of a put down of themselves not really of you. Now if she walks over and says you suck your team sucks and your crappy bowling is messing up my game you've got an issue.

In my youth/adult league last night we dropped a game by 2 pins to a team of bowlers who honestly just aren't very good. The youngest kid on the team who averages about 45 dropped a 123 on us. I was pissed at myself for only throwing a 171 and upset with my daughter who missed a 5 pin in the tenth. I explained to my youngest (who bowls competitively) how important spares are especially late in the game. I tried to keep it to myself but maybe to them it looked like the guy with the high average was looking down at them but it was directed solely at myself and my youngest daughter trying to give her a teachable moment.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Time to develop a thicker skin my friend. I wasn't there but this is pretty standard for most places that I bowl. I've probably said similar things myself. This is more of a put down of themselves not really of you. Now if she walks over and says you suck your team sucks and your crappy bowling is messing up my game you've got an issue.

In my youth/adult league last night we dropped a game by 2 pins to a team of bowlers who honestly just aren't very good. The youngest kid on the team who averages about 45 dropped a 123 on us. I was pissed at myself for only throwing a 171 and upset with my daughter who missed a 5 pin in the tenth. I explained to my youngest (who bowls competitively) how important spares are especially late in the game. I tried to keep it to myself but maybe to them it looked like the guy with the high average was looking down at them but it was directed solely at myself and my youngest daughter trying to give her a teachable moment.
    Absolutely agree.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Even if the comments were directed at you, move on and bowl better next week. It's going to be very hard for you to ever compete if you get frustrated for just one week of not winning.

SandBagger

oh I am not quitting the league. just going to finish up the season. I have settled my physical issues I been having and figured out some equipment issues. i have a drive now to do better. going to over all stick with my thursday nights with the guys I know and have fun with.

it is one thing to win all 3 games it is another to complain about not winning by more.

Chats: 1

My wife quit a league because of all the competitive head games. She left there angry at herself and beat herself up all week long, dreading the next week's game. Some leagues are fun, others are not for the thin-skined bowler. For me, the solution is to be above it all. I go there to improve my game. I bowl my best effort and ignore everything else.

Some of us are motivated by the carrot and others by the stick. The trick is to know which one you are and place youself in that environment if you can.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

I'm on the other end....

I'll be like, "wow we on those games scratch!!" In fact, all four games we one them with our scratch scores, but we are in a handicap league and they rub it in or faces sometimes. It doesn't matter, drunk or not drunk, they let us know we got beat!! hahaha

many members in this 22 team league are very high handicap teams. Some have an extra bowler without a bowling ball and bag...