Thread: is it legal to change a line up after league starts

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Default is it legal to change a line up after league starts

we are going into a 4th week of a wednesday summer league. I was late for the first day so I did not get a say where I ball. I have found I like to bowl lead off. I was placed in the third slot. I have looked thru the usbc rules and was not able to find anything. I want to get my ducks in a row, speak with the next opposing team captain, my team (I team captain), and the league pres about these. BUT if I missed something in the usbc rules then I won't. I don't remember anything in the by laws about moving the order of bowlers.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Yes your the team captain you can change the lineup unless theres a league rule regarding lineups. You don't need to ask the other team captain or president either. Just set your lineup and mark it on the recap and tell them to set the lineup like that from now on.

Rule 104 - Teams

104a. Team Captain’s Authority

4. Enter the lineup in the computer and/or on the recap sheet before the start of each scheduled series.

Commonly Asked Questions – Rule 104a.
    104a/1 May a captain change the lineup from game to game?
    Yes. Unless it is a match point league or there is a league rule to the contrary, a captain may change the lineup from one game to the next. Rule 106b, Item 1, states that once a game has started, no changes to the order can be made after the start of a game. The rule does not place a restriction on making changes during a series. A captain may change the order of the players, replace a substitute with a regular member or make any other lineup change from one game to the next.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 06-19-2015 at 05:38 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

I'll make sure there is not a by law they did not go over. I know one of my team mates still has the rules or the house has a copy.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums