Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which new ball are you thinking about getting?

Don't you have like 4 fairly new balls Blomer? You trying to become the next Aslan or something??
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 204

Track HX16

I threw it at a ball demo and it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Track HX16

I threw it at a ball demo and it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible.
    Why would you possibly consider buying a ball that wasn't great but it wasn't horrible? Remember that it is possible to be penny wise and pound (15#) foolish!

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Why would you possibly consider buying a ball that wasn't great but it wasn't horrible? Remember that it is possible to be penny wise and pound (15#) foolish!
    Because I only threw 3 balls and the Track LX was horrible and the Bad Intentions was "blah". Don't get me wrong...I'm not actually going to buy the HX16...it's just the one that I was "thinking about getting" per the title of the discussion.

As to what balls I'd actually LIKE to get...because I think they'd fill some future arsenal holes...

- The Storm Hy Road...
    - The Lane #1 Stealth Bomber
    - The Lane#1 Blue Ocean Pearl
    - The Storm IQ Fusion
    - Columbia300 Smackdown

But I probably won't get those either. 3 aren't even for sale anymore. After moving from one apartment to another...I've decided I don't want to ever move a bowling ball "collection" ever again!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

the Bad Intentions was "blah"
    Aslan! My heart aches because of this comment!

Possibly both the Brunswick Mastermind Einstein and DV8 Vandal. Both are priced well as part of the Brunswick Tour Down Under when it comes to Perth later this year Also, I'll get to meet Sean Rash and Parker Bohn III

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    Aslan! My heart aches because of this comment!

My heart aches because new balls are all cR*p.

Putting a new bowling ball in my hand is like giving an 80-year old man a free lifetime membership to Gold's Gym. Neither of us would get much use out of it. I'm a horrible bowler...new balls, old balls, random house balls, snow balls, moth balls, marbles, whiffle balls...doesn't matter. Once I try to roll them towards the pin it's like watching a drunk guy do a head stand...you just kinda half look away hoping that it will end soon and nobody gets seriously hurt.

My heart aches because new balls are all cR*p.

Putting a new bowling ball in my hand is like giving an 80-year old man a free lifetime membership to Gold's Gym. Neither of us would get much use out of it. I'm a horrible bowler...new balls, old balls, random house balls, snow balls, moth balls, marbles, whiffle balls...doesn't matter. Once I try to roll them towards the pin it's like watching a drunk guy do a head stand...you just kinda half look away hoping that it will end soon and nobody gets seriously hurt.
    At the risk of buying into your infamous drama, you are not a horrible bowler. I've seen dramatic improvements in your physical game. YOU JUST NEED TO STOP OVERTHINKING EVERYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    At the risk of buying into your infamous drama, you are not a horrible bowler. I've seen dramatic improvements in your physical game. YOU JUST NEED TO STOP OVERTHINKING EVERYTHING!
    You haven't seen my most recent practice update...

...oh wait...I forgot to post that.

You haven't seen my most recent practice update...

...oh wait...I forgot to post that.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about! Look at any sport. Even the greatest players have bad days. Just because you had a bad practice session, doesn't mean you're suddenly a horrible bowler. In addition, I sincerely hope that your practice sessions focus on one part of your game, and NOT on how you score. Once again, quit thinking, quit keeping track of all the useless stats, quit worrying about your score, and just focus on throwing a perfect shot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast