Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which new ball are you thinking about getting?

Chats: 221

I just ordered a Rebel Tank. Before the fall season starts I will be drilling a Respect,Dream, and Dream on. I am also thinking about a Vengance and a Remix
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    You haven't seen my most recent practice update...

...oh wait...I forgot to post that.
    Have to agree with Rob here. I was working with my wife who is adjusting to throwing at her spares with her new plastic ball I bought her for our anniversary I watched her miss what must have been 6 or 7 right side spares in a row so I asked her what she was thinking about. She told me "trying to hit my mark, start the ball on time, keep it nice and easy, don't miss and a few other things". I told her to just stop went over and lined her up pointing at the pin told her not to think just throw the d*** ball at the pin and that she was going to make it. I think I've seen her miss once in about 5 games since then. Sometimes you just have to go throw the d*** ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 32

I don't know I'm pretty happy with my arsenal at the moment. May like to replace the Asylum with a Hysteria at some point. I want to see what the new stuff from storm/roto looks like on Thursday
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

I am not intending to replace anything at the moment. All of the balls in my current arsenal are fine and cover from heavy to drier conditions.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Not looking to add anything right now, especially since I bought a Marvel pearl after it was discontinued(used) even though I know its so similar to the Optimus and I'm trying to figure out ways I can play with surface to use both since I like them so much. (I actually like the Marvel Pearl slightly more)

But I'll say this, my most recent ball was a Thug Unruly and its a hell of a ball. When its matched up with the lanes it hits like its 20 lbs, not 15.

Going back and forth on deciding whether to pick up a Rocket, as I don't have a hybrid (solid, polished solid, pearl are my current balls. Varying RG/Diffs). However I feel the 3 I have match up very well with each other and various lane conditions... so eh.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Going back and forth on deciding whether to pick up a Rocket, as I don't have a hybrid (solid, polished solid, pearl are my current balls. Varying RG/Diffs). However I feel the 3 I have match up very well with each other and various lane conditions... so eh.
    FWIW, I'm very happy with the Rocket.

The thing has one of the most consistent reactions I've seen across all lane conditions, and a pretty nice angular motion at the end.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    I'd love a new Hammer Red Legend Solid. If I get another ball, my wife will clobber me with it.
    Is that different than the Burgundy Hammer?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by DRomano View Post
    Is that different than the Burgundy Hammer?
    Yes.

The Red Legend Solid is a Asymmetrical using the Gas Mask core and the Juiced coverstock.
    http://www.hammerbowling.com/product...d-legend-solid

The Burgundy Hammer is a Symmetrical using a Vibe core and React-A-Thane coverstock.
    http://www.hammerbowling.com/product...urgundy-hammer

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

my want list, should be getting all 4 over the next 2 months

Roto Grip Haywire
    Radical Guru Master
    DV8 Hooligan Taunt
    Pyramid Dark Path 19.5
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast