Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which new ball are you thinking about getting?

Chats: 0

I'm looking at the Brunswick Melee Cross, because I think it will compliment my improving release and line. I was interested in the Columbia Eruption Pro, but I really don't need another drier lane ball, 'cause I usually throw on fresher oil. The Melee's not a new ball, but I like the look of its performance.
    DV8 Red/Orange Misfit, Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Pyramid Blood Moon

Chats: 1

I am rocking the Storm Crux, Crux pearl, zero G, and C300 crazy antics. I would really like to replace the Zero G with a Haywire. It has the core from the disturbed. I won that ball on here two years ago and gave it to a needy teammate and he Loves that ball! So I really want to try it.

Chats: 256

Haywire is high on my want list. JUst need to think about if it will fit into my arsenal. Both my Disturbed and Hyper Cell are still going strong.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Probably a Strike King, or a Cyclone. I've been away for almost 30 years, so I've never thrown a reactive ball. I just need something to use as a "baseline" ball so I can learn to throw fingertip, find my PAP, etc. I figure at this point getting something that is drilled to fit me so I can get practicing is what's important, even if it's just chosen based on which is prettiest.

Unless there's a better plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Tom View Post
    Probably a Strike King, or a Cyclone. I've been away for almost 30 years, so I've never thrown a reactive ball. I just need something to use as a "baseline" ball so I can learn to throw fingertip, find my PAP, etc. I figure at this point getting something that is drilled to fit me so I can get practicing is what's important, even if it's just chosen based on which is prettiest.

Unless there's a better plan?
    A weaker reactive ball is a good choice to start with imo. Cyclones are pretty good for lighter oil and will certainly do the job of teaching you how to throw a ball with fingertip drilling. I haven't seen many strike kings around, but I'd imagine they are very similar to cyclones.

The only real option available to cheaply find your PAP is to get a new spare ball drilled up with fingertip grips and find your PAP using a spare ball. That way, it doesn't really matter where the pin goes on the ball since it's a spare ball and will be thrown straight most of the time anyways. Arguably though, this isn't a good idea either because your PAP won't be that consistent to start with and it costs you $80 or whatever it is for a spare ball.

Thanks, John. I think I'll start a new thread so as not to hijack this one........

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Just ordered a Cyclone. No it's not a new release but will be my first try with a RICO layout. I do want to try an Ebonite Gamebreaker Gold, Adrenaline and Warrior.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 55

I'm thinking I'm in the mood to try a ball with a hockey stick movement rather than the banana arc that I am so accustomed to. Also, the alley we bowl in on Friday mornings will be oiling in the am rather than the night before, so we will be experiencing a heavier oil condition this winter league compared to our summer conditions.

Any suggestions I should look at and research before I head to the proshop?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    I'm thinking I'm in the mood to try a ball with a hockey stick movement rather than the banana arc that I am so accustomed to. Also, the alley we bowl in on Friday mornings will be oiling in the am rather than the night before, so we will be experiencing a heavier oil condition this winter league compared to our summer conditions.

Any suggestions I should look at and research before I head to the proshop?
    To shorten the hook phase (hockey stick) you want a low RG ball.

Smoother surface increases the skid phase, making it achieve the roll phase later.

I am now thinking of getting the Seismic Venator. Anybody out there use it got any suggestions/comments about it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast