Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by NoTapNorm View Post
    Thanks for the overview of the Gathering!!! Sounds like everyone had a great time and I'm going to try to make it next year, even though my wife doesnt bowl.
    Our first year, my wife was of the attitude "what's in this for me? I don't know these people. I don't post to the boards. Am I going to be sitting around bored all weekend?" I couldn't answer any of those questions because our first year, I didn't know how much or how little I was going to enjoy the event. That first year, I think my wife had a better time than I did, and I had a good time.

There's a group of "womens" (as Ron calls them) that hang out and discuss womens things if they're not bowling. Judging by the cackles and how loud and rowdy they get, I don't want to know the topic of conversation, but I do throw fuel onto the fire from time to time.

Remember - the gathering is at least as much social as it is bowling.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson View Post
    Our first year, my wife was of the attitude "what's in this for me? I don't know these people. I don't post to the boards. Am I going to be sitting around bored all weekend?" I couldn't answer any of those questions because our first year, I didn't know how much or how little I was going to enjoy the event. That first year, I think my wife had a better time than I did, and I had a good time.

There's a group of "womens" (as Ron calls them) that hang out and discuss womens things if they're not bowling. Judging by the cackles and how loud and rowdy they get, I don't want to know the topic of conversation, but I do throw fuel onto the fire from time to time.

Remember - the gathering is at least as much social as it is bowling.

I support this statement 100 %
    I brought my girlfriend ( non-bowler ) Amanda, and she had the best time w/ the hooters girls, just chatting and chilling with them. We both had a great time individually and collectively . Everybody is very welcoming and very laid back.
    member F.O.S

Chats: 0

NoTapNorm you really don't have to worry about you or your wife not having a good time. We would welcome both of you and the non bowlers have fun as well as the bowlers.

Thanks Graaille for your kind words and it was great to see you again and spend more time together this year.

Colleen's presence was definately missed and most people didn't seem to want to talk much about her but I guess that's normal. She will forever be in our hearts.

Jay- You did a great job setting up the tournament and it was nice to win something along with my partner Doug. I had a great time bowling with you Doug. And Kat knows how much we appreciate her taking so many pictures and we look foward to seeing them.

Dr. Joe if you happen to come over and check out the site I would love to see the pics that the twins took with their special camera's. They were so cute and funny.
    I am a proud member of www.bowlingboards.com
    My degree is in music, my sport is bowling.
    The love of my life is my husband Kev3inp

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

I put a selection of pics from our trip in an album a few minutes ago. They came out in reverse order, though. That's ok, start at the end.

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Thanks for the responses! We'll have to see if she makes the trip next year...
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

I'm sorry that Kat (the Gathering's "official" photographer) and I haven't been able to post pictures from the Gathering yet. We've been out of town every weekend since the Gathering and free time has been at a minimum for both of us. She's narrowing down which pictures would be best to post, then hands them to me for cleanup and reformatting in preparation for posting to the web.

As soon as the pics are ready, we'll post a link to them here.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

Chats: 0

Hi Jay. Did you check out the one's that Kevin posted here in his profile and the one's that I posted on facebook?
    I am a proud member of www.bowlingboards.com
    My degree is in music, my sport is bowling.
    The love of my life is my husband Kev3inp

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345