Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Contest June 22, 2015 to June 28, 2015 - Brunswick Vintage Gold Rhino Pro

Chats: 0

Aslan is the winner! Congrats on the new ball!

Congrats Aslan. Anybody know why there is such a delay posting the next contest on here but it's always on the facebook page first? Storm Skyrocket for the next week.

Bowler

I posted on this thread earlier today but something must've happened. In any case, congratulations to the winner and thanks to the site for the giveaway. I waited to see the results first and when I didn't win I ordered a Gold Rhino for myself!

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Aslan wins again
    congrats on the new ball !

Chats: 32

Congrats Aslan let's just hope he decides to use this ball and not make it part of arsenal #23 slated for use in 2043.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Aslan wins again
    how many times has he won? There is a guy on another bowling web site that's won I think 5-6 in the last year, although from a variety of places.

Chats: 32

Not as many as you would think with as much as he posts. I think this is his second or at most his 3rd from this site.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

WHAT!!??

Wow. Thanks Bowlingball.com. You made my 4th of July weekend!!

And for all the ball giveaway folks...like some of the other "regulars" (including the mighty Bowl1820 who makes the site "go")....I win a LOT less than you might think given my post count. Until Iceman returns from his 7-year prison sentence for "lewd acts" (rumor #4 I'm starting concerning his absence...)...I post by FAR more often than anyone else. I've tried to cut back a bit just because I'm busy. And also I've tried to cut back for 2 reasons:

1) I'm far too horrible a bowler to give so much advice and have so many opinions. It would be better for everyone involved if I kinda listened from guys like Rob, and Mike, Bowl1820, Chuck, FTLOB, and VDub (among others) than for me to spew my many theories.
    2) I don't want to dominate the site. I think it's a turn off, especially to the significant minority that tends to lean towards despising my existence, when EVERY new post has "Aslan" as the last person to comment. As I've been told by many people..."Aslan is better taken in short, spaced out bursts." A little "Aslan" goes a LONG way!!

In over 4200 posts, this is the SECOND ball I've won. So, do the math. If you've posted 200 times and won once...you're 10.5 times as lucky as I've been. And I think it's the same for Bowl1820 and others. Iceman is the only one to reach 5000 posts and I think he only won 2-3 balls. I think Bowl1820 has the 3rd highest post total and has won 2-3 balls total.

But this is great. I've been very intrigued by this ball after watching Parker throw it in the first 2 PBA50 events. It doesn't seem like a very strong ball...but for Parker's slightly higher speed and straighter game...it played very well. Not to mention, I'm a Brunswick fan!!

Now I just got to see where it fits in as far as 15# vs 16#...which arsenal (#2, #3, #4, or future...), etc...

Thanks again BB.com!!
    Last edited by Aslan; 07-02-2015 at 12:36 PM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 204

It's been so long since I won...I forgot what I'm supposed to do. I think I wait for a message from the site administrator. ???

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    WHAT!!??

Wow. Thanks Bowlingball.com. You made my 4th of July weekend!!

And for all the ball giveaway folks...like some of the other "regulars" (including the mighty Bowl1820 who makes the site "go")....I win a LOT less than you might think given my post count. Until Iceman returns from his 7-year prison sentence for "lewd acts" (rumor #4 I'm starting concerning his absence...)...I post by FAR more often than anyone else. I've tried to cut back a bit just because I'm busy. And also I've tried to cut back for 2 reasons:

1) I'm far too horrible a bowler to give so much advice and have so many opinions. It would be better for everyone involved if I kinda listened from guys like Rob, and Mike, Bowl1820, Chuck, FTLOB, and VDub (among others) than for me to spew my many theories.
    2) I don't want to dominate the site. I think it's a turn off, especially to the significant minority that tends to lean towards despising my existence, when EVERY new post has "Aslan" as the last person to comment. As I've been told by many people..."Aslan is better taken in short, spaced out bursts." A little "Aslan" goes a LONG way!!

In over 4200 posts, this is the SECOND ball I've won. So, do the math. If you've posted 200 times and won once...you're 10.5 times as lucky as I've been. And I think it's the same for Bowl1820 and others. Iceman is the only one to reach 5000 posts and I think he only won 2-3 balls. I think Bowl1820 has the 3rd highest post total and has won 2-3 balls total.

But this is great. I've been very intrigued by this ball after watching Parker throw it in the first 2 PBA50 events. It doesn't seem like a very strong ball...but for Parker's slightly higher speed and straighter game...it played very well. Not to mention, I'm a Brunswick fan!!

Now I just got to see where it fits in as far as 15# vs 16#...which arsenal (#2, #3, #4, or future...), etc...

Thanks again BB.com!!
    I hope I didn't come across like I was begrudging you the win! I was just curious how many times you've won. There is a guy on another board I frequent that has probably won 5-6 balls in the last year.

I won once and consider myself lucky to have won. It was a random drawing.

Enjoy the Gold Rhino Pro! I had an original and now I'm getting one of the vintage series ones. If it is anything like the vintage Lt-48, which uses the same core, then we are both in for a treat!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast