Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting Frustrated

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    If they are doing a complete job of stripping and oiling, the machine will go the entire length of the lane. If they are just doing a head run, it's probably just 25 or 30 feet. If you are seeing them running the machine before league and the ball is coming back devoid of oil, you are probably setting it down on the dry boards on the outside part of the lane. Try playing different parts of the lane in practice and see if you see oil on your ball on any of them.
    At the house I have been discussing when they do a "head run" as far as I can tell there is no oil applied outside of 15.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Guess what I'm saying is he is as accurate as other pro bowlers. His advantage is more power, better pin carry, and of course the rather common flying messenger pins.
    I don't really believe he is among the most accurate bowlers on Tour but makes up for it with other factors. I'm not a fan my wife is. I don't dislike him just not a fan of the style. To Mike Belmo personifies everything that is wrong with the game and I both agree and disagree with him on that. Unfortunately their was an art to this game that has been lost the older ones of us remember when their was a constant trade off between power, angle of entry, and accuracy and to gain in one meant not a loss but a downgrade of the others the winning bowlers were the ones who could adjust their games between those areas to maximize what the lanes were giving up too much of the modern game has become the ball creating angle of entry regardless of power and upset the balance to the point that art has been lost. I'm also sure people that remember rubber felt the same way about soaker plastic and plastic felt about urethane so it's relative.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    At the house I have been discussing when they do a "head run" as far as I can tell there is no oil applied outside of 15.
    that sounds about right ..I'm using 7 to 10

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I don't really believe he is among the most accurate bowlers on Tour but makes up for it with other factors. I'm not a fan my wife is. I don't dislike him just not a fan of the style. To Mike Belmo personifies everything that is wrong with the game and I both agree and disagree with him on that. Unfortunately their was an art to this game that has been lost the older ones of us remember when their was a constant trade off between power, angle of entry, and accuracy and to gain in one meant not a loss but a downgrade of the others the winning bowlers were the ones who could adjust their games between those areas to maximize what the lanes were giving up too much of the modern game has become the ball creating angle of entry regardless of power and upset the balance to the point that art has been lost. I'm also sure people that remember rubber felt the same way about soaker plastic and plastic felt about urethane so it's relative.
    The differences between Rubber, Plastic, and Urethane wasn't really that significant.

http://tapmag.com/2012/01/05/the-sur...s-memory-lane/

The change in the material gave bowlers more options.

The key is, the changes weren't implemented to increase scores, but for financial reasons.

The last wave of changes (resin balls, THS oil pattern) was done intentionally to increase scores. (keep the whiners happy).

The current state of Bowling reminds me of a miniature golf hole, requiring a 30 foot putt around half a dozen obstacles, or, a 3 foot putt into a short cut hole that drops the ball on the green giving you a chance at a hole in one.

Some people play the 30 foot method, and can feel proud of their success, and others take the 3 foot method and are deluded by their success.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123