Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hada Tape Issues

Chats: 0

Default Hada Tape Issues

Anyone else ever have issues having Hada tape, or the like, not sticking to your thumb or hand for an entire session. I am not sure if its the summer months or just the quality of the tape I am using(Vise Hada and Lane Masters) but the tape doesn't stick for longer than a few shots. Any tricks to keep the tape secure would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DukeDi

I use Hada tape every time I bowl and it sticks great. Sometimes too much (which is a good thing).

But I don't sweat much on my hands.

Chats: 32

Duke,

I can't get the stuff to stick on me during the summer months either and I've tried a few different brands. My hands sweat in the summer months and it just won't stick. I've though of trying to put some skin patch or new skin and apply the tape before it dries to see if that would help but I haven't tried it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I've tried different brands, Shaving the hair off my thumb, washing my hands before a set. Nothing has worked consistently. I think I will try, you new skin suggestion Amyers Thanks. I will have buy some first or borrow some from a teammates. I have a league tonight I'll post my results.

DukeDi

Chats: 32

Like I said haven't tried it so let me know how it works. I prefer Robby's skin patch over new skin if you can find it. My guess would be you may be wearing the tape for a while at worst. I think if it get stuck acetone nail polish remover should take it off.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Try using some alcohol on the back of your thumb before you apply the tape.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I haven't used Hada or Lanemaster tape, But you can try applying some antiperspirant to the back of your thumb.

They actually have antiperspirant for hands, some proshops have it. Master "Control Grip" , Kegel "No Sweat" and there's "Dry Grip" for golfers and some spray on Right guard should work also (Just matter of how long it lasts). Put it on a little while before bowling and wash&dry your hands first.

Personally I wouldn't try new skin under the tape, if you leave New Skin on long it can dry the skin and cause it to crack. (now some will use a little to just tack down the ends of the tape.)

Now I use to use Turbo Tape, but switched to Storm Thunder Tape which seems to stick real good.

Also when I apply tape to my thumb, I put it on with my thumb bent. If you put it on with the thumb straight, when you flex your thumb it pulls and stretches the tape and it tends to cause it to pull loose more.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-01-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Antiperspirant, Brilliant! I always like the simple solutions. I'll let you guys know tomorrow how I make out and what worked.

I've used protective Hada tape for quite a while. Usually buy the tape by the roll. I cut the tape to length so that it wraps over the end of the thumb and covers both the front and back parts. I fold the tape in half and then cut at an angle on both sides of the tape so the tape wraps around the end of the thumb nicely when I put it on. I tend to get sweaty sometimes and the tape doesn't hold that well. My solution was to cut a shorter piece of Hada tape in half lengthwise. With these narrower piece of tape I wrap it around the end of the tape already in place to keep it from coming loose. Works for me... Hope this helps...

Bowler

My issue with the hada patches in the past was quite the opposite: it was hard to peel off and left a residue when I was done that was a pain to remove.
    Last edited by dougb; 07-01-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast