Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contest July 6, 2015 to July 12, 2015 - Hammer Black Widow Red Legend

Chats: 0

This one would certainly make the wife nervous. 1) She doesn't like spiders. 2) "Dear God! Not more bowling balls! How many do you think you need?!"

Remember: marriage is all about finding that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. This ball just might do the annoyance trick for me in big, red letters!

RV Driver, my wife always looks at me sideways when I enter these contests. She pointed out the other day that I got 9 new balls last season. I pointed out that I still have 4 left to be drilled, but there's always room for more, just like her purses

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    RV Driver, my wife always looks at me sideways when I enter these contests. She pointed out the other day that I got 9 new balls last season. I pointed out that I still have 4 left to be drilled, but there's always room for more, just like her purses
    I think I'm approaching 9 balls in my entire bowling career ! I started bowling in the 80's ....

I would love one of these.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Plus they're more honest than purses. Have you ever known something to disappear forever within the bowels of a bowling ball??

Bowler

LMAO! I just dropped down to 14lbs. Sold 12 balls (way too many) and bought 4 new ones. Then I won one here!

Doug, why do you have so many? I've only ever had 2 at a time, although I can definitely see a reason for up to 4. Personally, I find any number beyond 4 to be pretty useless. Maybe if you are a pro there is a valid use for two more additional balls with different drilling layouts. You should be able to pick a light, medium, or heavy oil ball and a spare ball and make just about any shot. I realize many disagree with this general mindset and I'm not going to bother to try and counter arguments here.

It looks like a burning meteor going down the lanes

Quote Originally Posted by rperez View Post
    It looks like a burning meteor going down the lanes
    Does it leave a contrail?

John Anderson, there are many reasons for owning multiple bowling balls. Some leagues change their oil pattern during the year. Some bowlers are in multiple leagues and face different conditions. Some bowl in multiple tournaments during the year. There are sport leagues, PBA Challenge leagues, etc.
    Some of us just like to try different balls. I own 9. I'll pick four to take to my league night, or my coaching session, and do what I can with them. It's fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast