Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nymike's scores

Default Nymike's scores

Will keep log of my scores, I'll be the worst bowler among people who post here.

O7/07
    League night, my first outing since last Wednesday, when I bowled personal best 220, also coming off personal best league series of 484. Poor outing today, 113, 141, 123, 377 total

Spares were story of the night, 6/24 on spares, 0/8 on single pins. I was hoping never to bowl sub 400, well it happened. My team won all three games, despite poor outing by me, and my teams high scorer did not bowl well either. I will bowl at least 3 games a day the rest of the week, and Friday go for coaching.

Chats: 32

Sounds like you have a plan Mike my guess those sub 400 nights will be a thing of the past quickly with some proper coaching and practice good luck. It takes courage to post what we feel are poor scores fortunately poor scores are relative. What for me is a bad score may be a good night for you and what's a good night for me would be a bad night for a bowler like Vdub. Congrats enjoy the game and never feel bad about posting your struggles we all have them it's just relative to where we are in the game.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by NYMIKE View Post
    Will keep log of my scores, I'll be the worst bowler among people who post here.
    Unless you bowl on wood lanes....in that case MWhite is the worst bowler that posts on here. OH SNAP!

Don't worry man. My first league was summer 2013. I averaged 135. Very quickly...it moved up into the 160s. If you care enough to post, practice, and learn...you'll be averaging in the 160s within 6-24 months. And like you've noticed...much of the increase in average is spare shooting. As you learn where to line up for spare shots and become more consistent at picking them up...the scores rise dramatically.

How do you get from the 160s to higher averages???

When you figure that out...let me know.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Unless you bowl on wood lanes....in that case MWhite is the worst bowler that posts on here. OH SNAP!
    I've averaged 210 on wood lanes before blocked oil patterns and resin balls... you?

I've shot 300 games on wood lanes... you?

I've shot 300 and had it pass a post game lane inspection.. you?.

That beat up splinterfest you equate with wood lanes rewarded the person who threw a semi-weak release, so yes, you're better at throwing a semi-weak release than I am.

However wood lanes in general do not reward a semi-weak release.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I've averaged 210 on wood lanes before blocked oil patterns and resin balls... you?

I've shot 300 games on wood lanes... you?

I've shot 300 and had it pass a post game lane inspection.. you?.

That beat up splinterfest you equate with wood lanes rewarded the person who threw a semi-weak release, so yes, you're better at throwing a semi-weak release than I am.

However wood lanes in general do not reward a semi-weak release.
    Why was it that I knew this post wasn't going to be long in coming. One set of wood lanes in poor condition does not = all wood lanes
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

07/08

My day off from work
    111, 141, 132, 136, 117, 178

First five games similar to yesterday, used up my 2 free games, and 3 daily games, since my scores were sucking, shelled $2.90 for another game, and told the cashier that I'll keep going till I have a respectable game. Game 6, bowled 5 strikes, including a turkey, a couple Brooklyns went my way.

17 strikes
    16 / 46 on spares
    6 / 13 single pin spares, had it been 9 / 13 I would of been pleased

Two sub 130 games unacceptable, hope to do away with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Why was it that I knew this post wasn't going to be long in coming. One set of wood lanes in poor condition does not = all wood lanes
    If only it was this easy to summon Iceman.

With Rob I usually can post something that will get him riled....with Mike...even with you or even Bowl1820 (although that's more difficult and somewhat tricky)....but with Iceman...that proud SO*...I've even resorted to calling out Ironworkers in general...and NOTHING!! As a very well-known and well-decorated troublemaker....I find it unacceptable that I can't cause enough trouble to get Iceman to return and defend his good name. Ughhh!

Yes Mike...on wood lanes back in the old days I'm sure you were awesome....BUT!!....nevermind...I'm not going to re-state the defeat on those splintery, woody, dirty....or as I refer to them...awesome, lovely, amazing wood lanes. I'm a good sportsman...I believe in being a GOOD WINNER...and honestly...I'm glad I didn't get it on video because that was hard to watch. The defeat in Temecula was good TV. The defeat in Murrieta was also good TV. And yes, my defeat at the Iceman/Aslan Challenge...also good tv. But...I actually felt bad for you on those wood lanes. That was like watching a duck covered in Exxon oil trying to fly.

Ahh...fond memories...but, back to NYMike...which sounds like a guy that should own a NY pizzeria or a guy that you know that can get you really cheap, stolen stereos.

Banned
    Chats: 68

If only it was this easy to summon Iceman.

With Rob I usually can post something that will get him riled....with Mike...even with you or even Bowl1820 (although that's more difficult and somewhat tricky)....but with Iceman...that proud SO*...I've even resorted to calling out Ironworkers in general...and NOTHING!! As a very well-known and well-decorated troublemaker....I find it unacceptable that I can't cause enough trouble to get Iceman to return and defend his good name. Ughhh!

Yes Mike...on wood lanes back in the old days I'm sure you were awesome....BUT!!....nevermind...I'm not going to re-state the defeat on those splintery, woody, dirty....or as I refer to them...awesome, lovely, amazing wood lanes. I'm a good sportsman...I believe in being a GOOD WINNER...and honestly...I'm glad I didn't get it on video because that was hard to watch. The defeat in Temecula was good TV. The defeat in Murrieta was also good TV. And yes, my defeat at the Iceman/Aslan Challenge...also good tv. But...I actually felt bad for you on those wood lanes. That was like watching a duck covered in Exxon oil trying to fly.

Ahh...fond memories...but, back to NYMike...which sounds like a guy that should own a NY pizzeria or a guy that you know that can get you really cheap, stolen stereos.

These lane from Brooklyn even as bad as they appear, are in far better shape than the splinterfest you call "awesome"

Quote Originally Posted by NYMIKE View Post
    17 strikes
    16 / 46 on spares
    6 / 13 single pin spares, had it been 9 / 13 I would of been pleased
    The good news NYMike...if you truly are from the east coast...is there are LOTS of high level coaches and pros out that way. The Midwest and East coast are hot beds for hockey and bowling. When you get a chance...just find a silver level coach...and just get one basic hour lesson.

That's important...because, again...from my own personal trials and tribulations...it sort of corrects the blatantly BAD things that you are doing...that you have NO idea you are doing.

Next....spare shooting. Even now...with my spare shooting getting better and single-pin spare shooting getting closer to the 70%/80% range...if I have a bad night with spare shooting...I force myself to play "Low Ball" during the net practice. Just throwing at the corner pins. I set a target of say "40" or "60"...and I try to throw 2-3 games in a row under that score. It's not fun....it's like "homework"...but nothing will increase your scores faster than fixing the basics and getting better at spare shooting. Strikes WILL eventually come (at least I hope so)...but spare shooting will NOT get better by itself. It's probably the best thing I've getten from my current coach is a spare shooting system for corner leaves. Before I was doing the 4-8-12 or 3-6-9...and it wasn't working. Then the coach said, "okay...for a 7 or 4 or 4-7...stand here...aim there. For a 10 or a 6 or a 6-10....ya stand here, here, here...aim there." Once I had that nailed down...it's just a matter of not getting my shoulders out of whack and throwing a straight ball. No more "hoping that this works"...just throw the ball straight...ya pick up the pins. Now...I actually worry more about an 8-pin or 9-pin...where I don't have a "line"...because I have to "guess"...same with most multi-pin leaves...I have to use lateral movements...and especially on the right side...sorta "guess" at the target.

Anyways...keep it up! I'm predicting a 160+ average by New Years 2017 if not sooner.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

The good news NYMike...if you truly are from the east coast...is there are LOTS of high level coaches and pros out that way. The Midwest and East coast are hot beds for hockey and bowling. When you get a chance...just find a silver level coach...and just get one basic hour lesson.

That's important...because, again...from my own personal trials and tribulations...it sort of corrects the blatantly BAD things that you are doing...that you have NO idea you are doing.

Next....spare shooting. Even now...with my spare shooting getting better and single-pin spare shooting getting closer to the 70%/80% range...if I have a bad night with spare shooting...I force myself to play "Low Ball" during the net practice. Just throwing at the corner pins. I set a target of say "40" or "60"...and I try to throw 2-3 games in a row under that score. It's not fun....it's like "homework"...but nothing will increase your scores faster than fixing the basics and getting better at spare shooting. Strikes WILL eventually come (at least I hope so)...but spare shooting will NOT get better by itself. It's probably the best thing I've getten from my current coach is a spare shooting system for corner leaves. Before I was doing the 4-8-12 or 3-6-9...and it wasn't working. Then the coach said, "okay...for a 7 or 4 or 4-7...stand here...aim there. For a 10 or a 6 or a 6-10....ya stand here, here, here...aim there." Once I had that nailed down...it's just a matter of not getting my shoulders out of whack and throwing a straight ball. No more "hoping that this works"...just throw the ball straight...ya pick up the pins. Now...I actually worry more about an 8-pin or 9-pin...where I don't have a "line"...because I have to "guess"...same with most multi-pin leaves...I have to use lateral movements...and especially on the right side...sorta "guess" at the target.

Anyways...keep it up! I'm predicting a 160+ average by New Years 2017 if not sooner.
    Seems like when my coach is there my spares come so much easier.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast