Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyond frustrated and completely lost

I feel like I am making progress, but I am still confused about the release. The problem I have is the finger Position. I understand that on the down swing I'm supposed to have the thumb at 12 o'clock, and the finger should be at 6 o'clock. However, I am confused about the quarter turn. Does my thumb come out first and then the fingers rotate? Or do I rotate And then take out my thumb? also, I know what it feels like to release a softball or a football And let it roll off my hands, my fingers. I just don't know what it feels like with a bowling ball yet. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Ideally the thumb comes out first just before the slide ankle. The turn and release off the fingers should occur rapidly and by the time the hand reaches around the end of the slide foot. Everybody is different so don't worry about being perfectly precise.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

What it comes down it is I just don't have the feel for it yet. I have used the softball and the football to practice the feeling of rolling a ball off my fingers, but I just don't understand how it translates to a bowling bowl and how it's supposed to feel with a bowling ball.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Try rolling the ball without your pinky or index finger touching the ball and keep the thumb flat and relaxed. When it starts to feel like you have a car on your fingertips you're getting there.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12