Thread: Columbia Encounter

Chats: 204

Thumbs down Columbia Encounter

Columbia Encounter(s): Games: 151+(N)/134+(A), Average: 167(A)/162(N), 30-31% strike rate, High Games: 252(A)/234(N) (both non-sanctioned).
    I bought two of the same balls to do an experiment on the effects of drilling on identical balls. The experiment did not bear fruit and the result were two balls that I could never really figure out. The more aggressively drilled and surfaced Encounter (A) seemed to lack the 'bite' because of it's Pearl cover....but was surfaced so much...that it had no energy downlane. The less aggressively drilled, polished ball performed a lot like the Slingshot...but that was disappointing given it 'should' perform much better given the Slingshot is an entry level ball and the Encounter was pro-performance.

I must say, this is the worst ball I've ever thrown. But, in their defense...I probably could have had more luck had I not intentionally tried to make them opposites of one another...AND...they were victim to a large gap in my arsenal....so once I balled down to the Encounter....I usually had to spend at LEAST a couple frames to completely re-adjust my line(s) since the difference from the solid cover Rhythm and Pearl Encounter was too large a gap.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 221

What kind of drillings did you hazve on them. Not looking for srtrong or weak but actual numbers (pin to pap etc.)
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 204

I don't know. And Mike probably doesn't remember.

I can take a picture and upload it if that will help.

But I don't have the tools to measure where the PAP is.