Thread: New guy here and ready for the lefty hate.lol

Default New guy here and ready for the lefty hate.lol

Names David Alexanderson I live in Rio Linda , CA which is just outside Sacramento. My highest average from a season was 208 I'm a lefty. I have always dreamed of bowling on tour but due to two types of in cureable lymphoma cancer I am weak from treatments that dream has been put on hold. I've never bowled Jr's and learned watching others. I have only seen two coaches Jerry Davidson and mike janasu my whole life. My dream is to either go to the irtc training center and get coached by the greats and get a spot on roto/storm staff or to have Joe slowenski coach me for a week then to get on staff with roto/storms staff and pass on what I've been taught to kids for free .

Welcome to the forums. I have no problem playing with lefties and actually prefer it sometimes because it helps keep my part of the lane more consistent.

Chats: 221

Welcome to the boards! Being a lefty can be both a blessing and a curse. The blessing being that you are usually by yourself over there so your shot holds up longer. The curse is tghat since you're there by yourself if you don't have a shot you have no one to help you break the lane down to create a shot. The only thing I hate about lefties mis I have to think backwards when fitting and drilling
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 0

I have to say I envy a natural lefty. I am a natural right hander who has had to learn to bowl left handed due to an injury. It is very hard to switch, but definitely doable. Any tips you can remember from the days you were learning to bowl would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    I have to say I envy a natural lefty. I am a natural right hander who has had to learn to bowl left handed due to an injury. It is very hard to switch, but definitely doable. Any tips you can remember from the days you were learning to bowl would be appreciated.
    I bowled lefty for a year and 1/2 due to injury, to be fair I am ambidextrous and can throw a ball, write and so on with both hands.
    My average was about 20 pins lower lefty and the biggest thing that I had to focus on was starting on the correct foot and footwork in general...the arm motion was not too bad.

Don't worry too much about your scoring, but make sure you verify the procedure with your league and the house you bowl in before switching. I had 2 averages in the system one Tony R and one Tony L

Good Luck !