Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw my first 300 game

Chats: 204

Our Wednesday league (same league, same center, Winter season) had 8 perfect games.

My old Tuesday and Thursday leagues and Friday league...spanning 4 seasons...never saw one. None in my Monday league thus far.

Wednesday league I averaged 190 and 191. Those other leagues I averaged 165-174. Whomever thinks centers aren't different...I beg to differ.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Our Wednesday league (same league, same center, Winter season) had 8 perfect games.

My old Tuesday and Thursday leagues and Friday league...spanning 4 seasons...never saw one. None in my Monday league thus far.

Wednesday league I averaged 190 and 191. Those other leagues I averaged 165-174. Whomever thinks centers aren't different...I beg to differ.
    This is why USBC opted for the rule were you get one 300 award per lifetime.

A lot of the 300's come from the same bowlers over and over, while those who have no 300s tend to never get a 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    This is why USBC opted for the rule were you get one 300 award per lifetime.

A lot of the 300's come from the same bowlers over and over, while those who have no 300s tend to never get a 300.
    They could have left it at once a year. Plus if a bowler is paying anything towards it, why limit their cash flow? What about the new generation? growing up my dad had rings for 298 & up, lined up on his dresser and I use to want them all. It gives kids another aspect of motivation for the sport vs. bowling good and having nothing to show for it but searching for your name on bowl.com or a plaque.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_pocket View Post
    They could have left it at once a year. Plus if a bowler is paying anything towards it, why limit their cash flow? What about the new generation? growing up my dad had rings for 298 & up, lined up on his dresser and I use to want them all. It gives kids another aspect of motivation for the sport vs. bowling good and having nothing to show for it but searching for your name on bowl.com or a plaque.
    They tried to leave it at once a year, but financially to do that, they had to make the ring so cheap it wasn't worth getting.

In 2014, I opted for the crystal laser etched trophy rather than a cheap ring, plus the fact that I already had a gold ring from back in 1990.

Where the USBC financially made a mistake was when the BPAA threatened to self sanction if the lanes weren't made easier is they should have stood up to the BPAA and said fine, if you want easier lanes, then you fund the honor score awards program.

That way the proprietors have to weigh the consequences of their choices, make lanes hard, get less business, but pay less for awards vs make lanes easy, get more business, but pay more for awards.

Chats: 256

I stopped doing the rings with my last 2 300's. I did the Plaques that can be ordered and are actually pretty nice I think.

Color is really washed out in this pic, but the background is like a blue marbled effect.

High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 0

In my Tuesday league, 300's are so common, most people don't even clap when they are announced. I've personally never shot one, but I've seen many. Heck, my son has two in this league from last year. Last year in a 48 week league, we had (67) 300's and (30) 800's. Granted, this is more or less the premiere league in San Antonio and most of the best bowlers in town(not me ) are members, and this is a 44 team league with 4 man rosters. So there are a lot of opportunities to shoot 300, but an average of 1.4 per week and almost one 800 a week seems pretty high.

During the break between seasons this year, the bowling center changed to synthetic lanes and made the shot a bit more difficult. At around the 3/4 mark of the season, only (21) 300's and (5) 800's have been shot so far.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12